Automating Trading System

Hi Darrell,

I was wondering if it is possible for someone to setup a trading system to automatically enter a trade, setup a stop loss and take profit on Nadex or NinjaTrader? For instance, if I wanted to trade the boomerang or mvp elite, to be able to set it up where it would automatically enter a trade if all the rules are met?

It is possible. We are programming more automation into NinjaTrader. We have four programmers going full time helping us build all these fancy tools :slight_smile:

However, there is a reality to trading and that is you need to look at the markets, be aware of deviations, news etc… Automated trading is there to help you follow the rules, help you trade more markets, make less mistakes, but YOU still have to know when to turn it on and off. Its not an ATM that is the fake dream that results in many traders chasing fake bots and losing a lot of money.

Automated trading can do the ABC rules - but it can’t know the 123 why and how to analyze the stylistic parts of the markets we teach you.

So even when it is launched i will encourage you to still be there still be choosing what to do and not do and when to exit etc…

ie market had great volume - volume has now declined to maybe 20% of what it was - we are at the -1 deviation level and have been sitting there for 30 minutes - the market closes in 45 minutes what do you do? You exit - the “robot” would not put all those pieces together.

Over time we will add in more and more and more pieces like that but just understand even when it is released (THERE IS NO ETA) :slight_smile: that you are still the most important piece of any trade.

(Its possible on Nadex, in fact, we can do it now - but do to regulations until FCM’s come out we can’t release that technology for automated execution by us on your computer/account) as your a direct member of the exchange. Hopefully later this year FCM’s will come on board and we will be doing some very cool news stuff on Nadex. however, in the meantime, don’t wait around for anything, just get in there and get trading. Those who have waited for the next great thing have realized how much the missed out by doing so (literally can’t stress the importance of this).

I completely agree with you about needing to be involved with your trading. I would never allow a machine to trade for me. For me, I would want a final authorization from me to enter the trade. However, I think automation would be good because it would follow the rules to the “T” and would spot all possible trades that the human trader might miss.

[QUOTE=darrell;] in the meantime, don’t wait around for anything just get in there and get trading. Those who have waited for the next great thing have realized how much the missed out by doing so (literally can’t stress the importance of this).[/quote]

As someone who waited 9 months on 3.0 to get released (is 3.0 even a thing still or did it die in a forest of updates?) for the BMX indicators and bankroll prompts (and basicly waiting for an idiot light) I say don’t wait…I’ve gone back over just tf in that time and basicly I’ve lost a fortune (100k thank ken Roberts for 100k being called a fortune in my head ) or more, maybe even 2 or three fortunes

If I had jumped in I wouldn’t still be a night shift gas station clerk

So learn from my example and reach out and grab YOUR share.

A full blown autotrader would be bad news, IMO. You’ll never see a service on the interwebs that provides autotrading and actually works. I don’t want to give free advertising to a company I consider a scam (you can find it on the BOD forum), but you’ll see none of the providers are profitable for very long. People want easy and instant money. If such a system exists, the creator has been smart enough to not put it out for all to use. I don’t know the specifics of the liquidity of the market, but a successful system would attract lots of subscribers and lots of $$$, all trying to buy or sell at the same exact instant in the market. Darrell is generous enough to provide his knowledge along with some great tools. This forces traders to learn for themselves and understand the system. Also forces manual intervention instead of letting a robot empty your account.

The best thing I have seen in “automated” trading is mirroring your account to a live prop trader. A real human at the helm who does this for a living and is there to add the style. What ever trade they execute live is traded in your live account.

Oh what it would be like to “mirror” Darrell’s live account! :smiley:

Actually, I think it would be fun to have clients mirror my account and collect commissions for successful trades. Once I felt rock solid and had a proven track record of success after say five years. I would definitely do it for my family members if they were interested.

:cool:

We have a lot coming.

My account would be a bit challenging to mirror as i am crossing forex, futures, options, binaries, and spreads often on the same trades heding them off in a variety of ways.

Though many of the trades cold be mirrored. Also I often take out the book (meaning all the liquidity) in a single trade so that would not be very fair to those following.

Autotrading has its place but its place is in helping you keep up and not miss trades and trade multiple markets. But its something you have to be watching and validating or canceling or adjust trades still you don’t just set and forget - that is that “elusive” bankruptable dream.

At the end of the day those who make money have put in the time and effort to learn and implement systems and read markets. Those who don’t well don’t deserve to make it. So we have to ask ourselves do we really want to master it and earn it or do we really think we can do nothing and sit back and profit. Im here to help those who want to earn it :slight_smile: part time full time etc… take a while or get up and running fast… just be willing to earn it and don’t worry about the bots. Keep watghing us over the next 18 months we have some very cool things we are putting in place. 3.0 etc… is on the table still :slight_smile: But knowing what people try to do with automation it was delayed as I am trying to build as much “automated style” as i can into it (ie deviations, MVP etc…and more) but there will always be that need for the trader. Not want people want to hear and they would often rather go and pay for someone who tells them what they want to hear. I’m here to tell you what you need to hear so I can help do everything in my power to help you be where you want to be in 12 months.