Can't Connect to CQG With My MBTrading Account

When I try to load my charts I keep receiving this message.

I figure I’m receiving this message because I don’t have historical data to load 125 days worth of data.

I have a live funded account with MB Trading.

When I try to setup a CQG connection There’s no option for CQG or NinjaTraderContinuum.

So what are my options since I need 125 days worth of data in order to use the Apex system properly.

You are using the wrong contract month. Update your instruments to the right contracts, delete the chart, and create a new one with the updated contracts. You’ll probably want to update your other instruments while you’re at it.

I did that the contract I’m using is 12-15 the problem is that the apex system is trying to pull 125 days of data which means it has to go back to the 9-15 contract and the data provider I have doesn’t go back that far.

And when I try to connect to CQG there’s no option for it inside of the account connection tab. Only IQFeed and kinetick.

This is covered in the set up course If you do not have an option listed, you simply have to add the option and name is what you would like as shown here:

Then you can enter the log in details from there

If you look at the picture I posted you will see that I’m following the steps in the video. When you go to add the account connection CQG/Ninja trader continuum isn’t an option The only options I see are IQFeed and Kinetick.

This is a screen shot of the video when you go to select a provider it says Ninja Trader Continuum

When I go to the connection provider options I don’t have Ninja Trader Continuum as an option

This means you have a live single broker license and it is tied to MB Trading.

With that being the case you would either

A Login to MB Trading for data

or

B Move your account to NInjaTrader Brokerage fi MB Trading does not provide the historical tick data. Just notify ninja.

or

C Change your license key (after saving your live one) to a demo key and it will allow multi broker connections only good for demo trading or charting.

I solved the problem it wasn’t my license key, ninja said they no longer offer CQG to new customers as of March 11th. So I had to purchase unfiltered data from Kinetick.

That is not true. You spoke with someone who was confused. Kinetick does not offer ICE so you wont get TF or DX. If you want o purchase data get it from IQ Feed. If you have an account with MB Trading you can probably get the CME waivers on your data to help.

NinjaTrader offers CQG AKA Continuum data.

If you have a funded account with Ninjatrader Brokerage i believe the fee is like $15.00

You can’t connect to Ninja Brokerage data and MBTrading on a single broker license that is the issue. If you have a multi broker license or you switch to ninjatrader brokerage for your futures then NTB data with CQG/Continuum will work just fine (saving you some money)/

There are also the trial links we provide.