Can't get Trailing Stops to work in Spreads

Greetings all and thanks in advance for your help…

I am having the biggest challenge getting trailing stops to work with spreads. I completely get it with binaries and can use it there effectively, but with spreads, whenever I enter a trailing trigger price and trailing trigger offset, instead of the trigger price waiting until the indicative meets the price and then trigger the offset, it just instantly triggers a sell order at the market price.

I’m probably not explaining this well, but I have the video about 50 times and I just can’t get it to work. I have same problem putting a stop order in Nadex directly when it comes to spreads. I have attached a screen shot so you can see what I mean (I think.)

If you look at the screen shot you can see that I set a stop limit at 20 ticks below where I bought it and then set a trailing price at 20 above with a 10 trigger offset. Yet instead of waiting until it went down to the stop limit or up to the trailing trigger price it sent an order for something close to the current market.

Thanks again for your help and I love this site and forum.

Joel

Hmm

I dont think its you doing something wrong. I just tried like 5 different markets and with the exception of the GBP/USD the same thing happened to me. The trade was fired off instantly. The only thing I did was click activate stop trigger.

With the GBP/USD pair I couldnt even place the stop trigger

I am also not seeing demo prices for a few of the other FX pairs. So what I am thinking is Nadex did some maintenance on their demo platform. When that happens, it usually causes the Apex scanners to have issues getting information from Nadex.

I would submit a help desk ticket and they should at least be able to tell you if something like that is the case

Thx for checking it out. I submitted a help desk ticket. Joek

I feel that you are correct. I just tested all instruments on binaries and spreads and they are all functioning perfectly for me. I feel that it may actually be an issue with the Nadex demo platform. I received a couple of messages last night as well, indicating that they may be playing around.

Nadex uses the Demo platform as their playground for developers, so it’s not always up at 100% and you may experience some hiccups from time to time. I am grateful that they do their playing around in demo and not live, because there is rarely an issue with the live platform.

Thanks for your response…

But I am still unable to get it to work properly. Please see the attached jpeg of a screenshot. If I am reading it correctly, it filled the order at 1.0802 but the fields I field in were:

Stop Trigger: 1.0765 Trailing Trigger: 1.0845 Trail Offset: 10 ticks

Is that right? It filled the order almost 40 ticks above the Stop Trigger and over 40 ticks below the trailing trigger.

Help? :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your time!

Joel

sorry here is the jpeg…

Okay, based on the screenshot, you originally bought the contract to get in the trade, and are now selling it to get out, and trying to trail it along the way.

Hmm, after reviewing it, it doesn’t seem like it should have triggered, unless the market was moving rapidly back and forth at the time. There certainly seems to be an issue here, but I’m not able to replicate that.

Have you tried clearing your browsers cache and cookies from the beginning of time and logging back into everything again?

Checked again a few minutes ago… and im like 99.9% sure that something is wacky on the demo side.

A lot of the same issues as before. Live looks alright, but I dont want to test it unless I am actually going to take a trade :wink:

Recently started using the feature in my Nadex demo account with spreads after watching probably 4-6 hours worth of videos, and noticed there is still an erratic behavior with the stop trigger. Has anyone noticed this happening with their live accounts, or is this still only an issue with the demo platform? This is kind of a make or break situation for me in regards to becoming a member. Wanted to test out the product but the trigger is super buggy in the demo.

I haven’t had any issues live. Nadex demo platform is horribly buggy. Constantly losing track of the indicative which then messes up the trigger. Likely its because you are on demo. In 99% of the cases that the trigger or scanner has issues its because of Nadex I have noticed.

Thanks for the response Ronin50. I look forward to not losing money in live trading.