Charts

Got interested in NADEX trading year before last but I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface as there’s so much to learn. One area I’m having a tough time with is charting. I’ve downloaded ninja but I’m just not comfortable with this charting platform. It seems to be for the more seasoned trader with way more options than I would ever use. There’s also been been several occasions (today as an example) where I go to the site but can not get connected. Today’s message was “LOGIN FAILED INVALID/UNAUTHORIZED PRIVATE LABEL”. The ninja support team is quick to respond but I just want to access my charts “quickly, easily, and routinely”. Other charting sites that were of interest did not monitor the NADEX contracts. I’m probably just making a mountain out of a molehill but charting is so critical that it should be just as easy to access as turning on my computer with no worries of error messages. Darrell had mentioned the free version was time sensitive which is most likely the issue here but remembering the time window and the reactivation process is not a preference. The NADEX charts have the simplicity and the contracts/charts are all grouped on the same site for easy access but they have limited indicators and some minor issues. I just need to be steered in the right direction when it comes to easy and dependable charting. Thanks; Gary.

Gary - I am a MAC guy, don’t like PC’s…when I started, I had issues getting my NT charts up. I found out that my charts were not updating as they should, login fails… Since I couldn’t buy a nice machine, I did 3 things:

1. I loaded ESET PC security software…you can find the link in the forum somewhere. It really does run in the background and causes zero problems.
  2. I pulled everything off of my computer that I didn’t need for trading. I made it a charting/trading pc only. No Microsoft Office, no excel, etc. When you pull all of the unnecessary stuff off your computer you can really boost PC speed. All of those things run processes that slow your machine down, and you really want a fast machine. You will have to check and see what you can get rid of based upon your needs.
  3. Set your windows update to notify you when there are updates. Do not let it automatically download and install. Each night, I check and download and install if necessary.

Since I did these three things I have only had a few problems in over a year. Most were resolved by restarting my PC.

Hope this helps, Brad

If you used the ninjatrader from ninjatrader.com (not the one from amp etc…) then then ninja key does not expire.

The NTB futures data feed is a live free demo for 3 weeks but you can either A renew it every 3 weeks or B fund a amp account with a $500 deposit and not have to worry about renewing it.

Watch the education - ninjatrader videos - to learn how to open charts update instruments etc…

There are 100’s of types of traders any decent platform has 100’s of features. Web charts are slow and inaccurate and lacking in quality plugin ability. But in reality you only need to know a handful of options like how to open a chart and add indicator save templates and workspaces and rollover instruments.

Don’t give up on the technology side… its frustrating for everyone to learn the platforms etc… but once you get it down you have it there is not a ever growing learning curve.

Thanks Brad. I’ll check out that security software. I have an older computer still running Vista. Maybe I"ll upgrade this year to a newer personal computer and use my current PC strictly for trading. If so will I still be able to use one high speed connection and a splitter without affecting performance. Thanks; Gary.

Thanks Darrell. It was just a matter of renewing the NTB demo. All’s well for now. Gary.

Eset rocks… it does not block things that should not be. And automatically lowers itself on the server processor order so it does not needlessly take up resources like mcaffee norton avg etc…