Delayed Data Feed cost money on chart error

Why would I pay a bunch of money charts and Ninjatrader and datafeeds when they’re not even close to what’s going on on Nadex? Tonight I tried trading USD/JPY and the chart is like 14 pips off from what Nadex has as the indicative. I don’t understand what good are charts when they’re wrong! That just cost me 60 bucks! All of these charts are a waste of time. You might as well wait until there’s 10 minutes left in the hour and place your trade. Signed, Frustrated.

I here you pain. Have you checked your data feed ? I was trading tonight and my charts were spot on. If you ever think your charts are off you should ask someone in the pit to confirm. Always another trader to help in there. I have the clarity price on my boom charts. Works good for me I also pay for and use Iqfeed for the forex data and I do the demo onNTB for CQG for the futures data. Also I would recommend starting out in demo not live till you get a strategy down. Waiting till the last 10 min in the hour is like a EPC trade. But with out the chart how would you know to buy or sell?

Ninja is free. CQG is free for futures through NTB Forex is free through FXCM and NTB

So, what are you referring to on paying for ninja and data feeds?

So I’m not sure what $60 fee your referring to unless you mean a loss.

My only guess is your using iqfeed.

If your data is 10 ticks off there are three possibilities -

One, your data feed is not connected.

Two, you are using iqfeed…and you did not add the forex fxcm data feed to your subscription. It’s free to add on fx if you use the iqfeed.com/apexinvesting . We cover how to do this in the “Setting up ninja trader course”. Watching them will save you money, time, and frustration… Also, iqfeed cost nothing during the trial so, I’m not sure where the fee came from (assuming you mean a loss, not iqfeed cost)

Three, you must understand the indicative is the last 25 trades and an average of middle 15 prices.

My guess is option 2… to verify this go to a 1 minute chart and see if the time stamp matches your computer’s clock for the end of that minute. If not then contact iq feed and have them add the forex data feed.

If I am incorrect about all three of the above, contact support under Questions/Help Desk and we will gladly help you.

If you are frustrated, please let tech support help you under Questions/Help Desk versus using the forum.