Error: Access to the path is denied

Error: Access to the path C:\Program Data\Apexinvesting\instrument.json’ is denied

If you see this error when attempting to install the Apex Investing Toolkit, this means that your windows permissions are too strict. To start resolving this issue, first try rebooting your computer. It’s very likely that windows has locked the file and is preventing any other program from accessing it. Rebooting your computer is a blunt, effective way to shutdown whatever process is locking access.

If rebooting does not correct the problem, then you’ll need to perform the following actions:

• Open up windows explorer and navigate to C:Program Data
  • Right-click on the ApexInvesting folder and click properties
  • Click the Security Tab and click on the Edit button
  • Highlight your username in the top box, then click the check box in the Allow column next to Full control
  • Click okay and exit the properties.

Once this is done, you should try running the installer again. If after running the installer, you’re still having the same exact error, please [ask our help desk][1] for advice.

The troubleshooting steps of this article are the same, regardless of operating system you’re using, be it Windows 10, 8, 7, etc. [1]: http://support.apexinvesting.net/requests/new

Okay seems I’m not a well verse with my PC as I would like to think, I did the reboot thing then as you said I opened up windows explorer looking for program data only its not there once I open up the explorer window I get program files or program (x86) no sub folder name data and for sure no folder for apexinvesting looking under the C: drive is there some place else I should be looking

If you don’t see it, that means you need to go into your VIEW options to allow the displaying of hidden files and folders.