Extra Monitors

I have two monitors, both show the same window, how do I seperate and use it for extra window not the same. Thank You , I downloaded WinSplit it does not show how to move windows to another screen. Thank You Very Much.

try right click somewhere on the desktop, then look to play with your settings. On mine I see screen resolution, and from there I can arrange my monitors how I want them.

Right click on monitor Screen resolution Click on the monitor and change from duplicate main monitor to desired setting.

Access as Darrell said or from Control Panel

Thanks alot all, the picture control Panel u have Mr. s_mark220 every thing is the same but, Multiple displays (Extend these displays) is not on my control panel picture. Is there something I’m missing. Thanks alot

Please use Jing to show a picture of your screen See http://apexinvesting.net/forum/how-share-charts-other-traders-130/how-download-install-use-jing-screencast-432.html

2014-01-16_1152 - bryana2014’s library

Do not have anything at the yellow box.

Are you using a laptop? If you are that is probably why you are having the issue. You should have a function key (function key then hit f8 etc… combo varies by laptop) that has 2 rectangles on it when you click it each time it will cycle through the choices like duplicate/extend etc…

Did you click detect?

Hi Darrell, thank you for the help, I’m using a emachines desk top, maybe not downloading right, its not showing extra monitors, I don’t have the same control panel screen its different.

Yes I clicked it nothing happens mark, do I need a different program maybe.

emachine - check out their support website: eMachines Support - Welcome to eMachines Support http://support.gateway.com/us/en/emac/default.aspx

Is it an old computer or rather new or?

What is the model of the emachine?

What operating system are you using?

Do you have the most current video drivers for your video card?

Do you have a dual monitor card or are you using a USB monitor connector?

Hi Darrell, you were right video drivers, video card ,dual monitor card, I’ll put it together, I don’t know much about it but I’ll fine out how. Thanks alot for every thing, darrell, mark, doppelrock talk to you soon.

Cheapest and easiest solution is probably a usb monitor adapter Newegg.com - usb monitor adapter http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=usb+monitor+adapter&N=-1&isNodeId=1

u was right darrell, usb monitor adapter, comes in a kit w/cd and adapter , ordered one $35.00 dollars, works great, Thank You

Sweet! Glad I could help!

I have an extra monitor setup but I have a question on sound. When I plug my 2nd monitor in to my computer (hdmi), the sound defaults to the built in speakers on that monitor. Is there a way to make my main computer screen have the default sound. I like to listen to podcast and such with headphones but that is only available on my main computer. Thanks Rick

That is monitor specific you would have to check their online guides. The only possible thing i can think of is check your settings for your sound (manage audio devices - sound - playback - and change the output default option)

That was it. Glad to be in a tech savvy environment . Thanks, BTW great show today.