General Trading Questions

I downloaded Ninja7, and I have a elite membership. I have downloaded the apex tool kit. I’m trying to learn the Izone sharpshooter trading program. I’ve watched one of the sharpshooter videos. The problem I have is that on my default list in Ninja Trader: For example NQ 03-16 (when I click on it, it shows NQ 03-16 4 min) when according to the izone sharpshooter video it should show ( NQ 03-16 8/12 tick 5-min shadow continuum bars). Which video do I need to watch to learn how to change this? Thanks, Don I.

Go here and watch all the videos at the very beginning of the post

https://forum.apexinvesting.com/t/izone-sharpshooter-set-up-and-rules/4415

use the iszz beginner template it should have the setting up make sure you have selected default 24/7 on session template in edit and go to data series then go to period make sure you have apex continuum bars selected you should all set

The template will not set up automatically the type and size of bar you need to use for IZSS. You have to adjust that on the DATA SERIES window.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the chart, it helps! I’ll also watch the videos again.

Hi,

Do you think the opening on Sunday at 3:00 is the most volatile time for the USD/JPY.

I started trading around 3:00 and found a few good times to jump in for a profit. Is there any other time you would think the USD/JPY would be jumping… Thanks

USD/ JPY can move well in the evenings when the Japanese market is open and also in the mornings when the US session is open. Also pay attention to the News Calendar for an news events that are coming out that can have an effect on the markets as well

Thank you for the information

Hello, My name is Anne, and I’m a member on your website. I have some questions. I’m a newbie and I’ve been studying your information, but I think I did something wrong when I put in for a take profit order on a strike for 2 contracts on my demo account. I bought 2 contracts for $43.75 totaling $87.50 and then I immediately put in for a take profit order for the same strike with the 2 contracts at $56 to sell. Well, I noticed that when I received the money it was only $56. Shouldn’t I have received $112, since the take profit order was for 2 contracts on the same strike? Any, info will be greatly appreciated.

Also, do you have a free version of the expected volume and expected range indicators? I can’t afford to join your paid membership at this time since I’m just starting out.

By the way, I love your website. :grinning:

As long as there were two contracts avail on the sell side for $56 and you had the take profit order set for two contracts then yes, you should have got $56 times 2. Somebody could have had one contract listed at $56 so therefore only one executed. If the market makers had multiple contracts listed there for $56 it should have submittied both. Without knowing or seeing a screenshot it is hard to know what the exact situation may have been at that time

Ok, thank you.