Has anyone tried new IQ Feed Forex only data feed for $30./mo

Wondering do I really need the basic IQ Feed for $75./mo or will the Forex only for $30. be ok for trading Nadex?

If you want a forex data feed, FXCM demo feed is free.

Only catch is dont think chop filter indicator works with FXCM. Already have IQ feed basic and to cut fee by $50./mo with Forex only would be great if all indicators work. Also dont know if I can handle another demo acct . CQG is a hassle having to open new email addresses and renew every 2wks. Tell me if Im wrong

I’m not aware of any indicators that don’t work with FXCM. I currently have the bar trend chop filter on my charts and have put the trend catcher chop filter on a chart to check it and it works also.

As far as I know, the FXCM demo feed doesn’t expire. I have had it for a while now with no issues.

Thanks I will try it. Thought I saw a DM post that said wont work with chop filter but could be wrong. Thanks again!

The choppy market warning indicator that using volatility indices requres a IQ Data feed and only works on time based charts it will NOT work on tick based charts like shadow or continuum. It may be getting more normal now after 2008 the indicator went a bit haywire :slight_smile: Its a very style oriented indicator. To use it you need a CBOE Volatility Indices data feed subscription that you can get through IQ Feed. Ask for Dave Forss he is our rep there and will get you the hook up.

You can get Forex through IQ Feed it is faster and is my favorite data feed. You can also get futures. Futures will be expensive unless you use the CME datqa fee waiver/disccount program by having a futures account open already. Dave can help you with this. If not then you can use CQG for your futures data. Just make sure to connect to CQG first then IQFeed second. Also IQ feeed does not go down for data maintenance on weekends etc like you may often experience with the free fxcm feed. Once your trading live I suggest you have IQ feed even if you h ave a free fxcm data feed. It can handle data burst better and more. Its an expense that is well worth it in my opinion for a trader who is trading with a live account.

Hi Darrell

Thanks for the response but now am really confused. Do you mean if I am trading YM ,NQ,CL,GC with only CQG connected using Sharpshooter for trend trading spreads with shadow bars ,chop filter is not working.Thought Chop Filter was part of sharpshooter template? Straighten me out here please.

Thanks Dave

Hi Dave,

I was referring to this indicator: Choppy Market Warning

You should be using Izone Sharp Shooter Templates for spreads and use CONTINUUM not shadow bars and the trend chop bar colors the bars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA-c7_y3Nhw For futures this will work with a futures only feed like CQG/ Continuum or IQ Feed.

Here is the full training on IZONE Sharpshooter for spreads: https://forum.apexinvesting.com/t/izone-sharpshooter-set-up-and-rules/4415

Part of the confusion is your asking about forex then asking about index futures which is it ? :slight_smile:

Thought I needed IQFeed and CQG even when trading indices for all indicators to work.

“The choppy market warning indicator that using volatility indices requres a IQ Data feed”

Sorry bout the confusion

Videos helped think I was confusing 2 different indicators. Got it now.

Thanks