Hotkeys for order entries or management

Ninjatrader provides a limited hotkey facility for order management and these can be useful especially in fast moving markets. As an example, when you get a bad fill let’s say 2 ticks from your entry and your system requires 10 ticks from the bar close, the ATM will not place your orders correctly. I find having a breakeven hotkey in these situations helpful as mental calc’s combined with DOM or on-chart order management may occur too slowly.

To set up these hotkeys from NT menu go Tools --> Hot key Manager:

Then simply select “Order Entry” and then set your desired hotkeys in the right hand box. For example, to bring the order to breakeven when in profit, and in the situation described previously, holding down CTRL and pressing E will immediately bring the order to breakeven.

Thanks for your post David. I’m trying to set up that hotkey and I’m getting this message. When I try using the hotkey, isn’t applying. I have at 2010 ATM set up for xbox set up 2.

message for hotkey set up for break even

I didn’t have that issue but on the ninjatrader website the following advice was given:

" Modal focus indicates any window that must be closed before other items can be used. For example, the chart’s Data Series window has to be closed before you can click on anything else in NinjaTrader because it has modal control. You’ll also want to enable ‘Use order entry hot keys’ in the Control Center --> Tools --> Options --> Trading."