How to eliminate "Order Verification" from Chart Trader entries and other useful settings

Do you use Chart Trader in NinjaTrader and when you right click in the chart to enter a “Buy Limit Order” or “Sell Limit Order” and you get an additional box pop up asking you to verify order size and click the check box? I personally do not like this extra step in order entry. It’s not necessary and just adds another hoop. Keep reading for the following steps to find out how to remove this extra box.

First thing to do is make sure you have “Confirm order placement” check box is “unchecked”.

In the NinjaTrader Control Center, go to Tools->Option->General Tab-> Confirm order placement

The next steps are to make sure your “Chart Trader” properties are set up properly.

The main step is to make sure that your “Stop Limit Offset” is set from “Off” to at least a value of "1"

Follow the steps in the pictures:

Right click anywhere on your “Chart Trader” to access the “Chart Trader Properties”

Once you have opened “Chart Trader Properties” make sure to set "Stop Limit Offset from “Off” to at least a value of “1”

To this:

Bonus tip: Set “Use stop market for stop loss order” to “True”

This is a little of a safety valve in case the market runs really fast and blow past your stop it will submit your stop as a Market Order and not a Limit Order

Below are the various definitions for the different properties copied out of NinjaTrader “Help”

I hope you found this helpful and saved you some time!

Happy Trading everyone!

-Christopher

This is extremely helpful! You just made my life MUCH easier!!! Thank you for all you hard effort and the detail in this post.
Lori

Ditto what Lori said! :smiley:

Peter

Thanks Chris, you are simply awesome :slight_smile:

Thank you for the post! These were some settings I was battling with I finally found the right “fix” according to my methodology.

Chris, How can I get these changes to stick. Do I have to manually set these for each chart. I thought maybe “set default” would do the trick, but when I open a new chart they go back to the old settings?

Yes you have to set it for each new chart. I think if you save a new “template” it might keep your new settings… Not certain on that though.

Chris,

That is correct. If you save the settings in a new template, then you can load that template on existing charts to enable the new settings.

how I can fix this? the letter are too big.

I believe the font size is adjusted in chart properties…?

I can’t find where to fix it.