I cant figure out how to get my trading on the right path!

Joshua,

You can also set up an Amazon Workspace to load Ninjatrader and the Apex toolkit on it and trade from there using your chromebook. I recently migrated my trading from my home pc to the cloud and it works great. It’s not free though so you have to determine if the benefits will outweigh the costs for you. IF you want to trade and be successful you need the proper tools like blackadder stated. To do otherwise is just throwing money away.

IF you need details on how to set up an Amazon workspace let me know, I’ll be happy to help.

Peter

Agreed Peter, that is the only way to go with a Chromebook, as I know for a fact you cannot even get into the Elite room on a Chromebook. I also have a regular Windows laptop which I use for my trading…but it would be nice to be able to have a “free” cloud-based environment to trade in as well. A long time ago, Darrell had mentioned that they were looking into it, but it’s just possible that the only solution they were able to come up with was the Amazon Workspaces solution…which to me, is expensive.

Thank you for the info I will look into it that may be something I have to do and it does not look super expensive ether but what is a good way after that to start trading I am basically teaching myself how to trade and i have watched the videos of some of the indicators and they seem really hard to learn at least for me that is and how much does it cost to get all the charts and indicators are they super pricey and to be part of the elite group how much is that as well where did you guys start it seams to me like this stuff is impossible to learn but I would love to be able to trade and have a future with this was it hard for Y all that start out and I am only trading demo until I learn how to trade then I will move to a live account ! that you for answering all my question ! i would like more info on what you did for the amazon workspace!

Joshua

Joshua

What will you be trading, futures/forex/Nadex spreads? IF you are brand new to trading it would be good to first learn spreads. IZSS system is the one many of us are using currently along with TC MVP.

For my Amazon workspace, I just signed up for the performance tier: 2 virtual cpu’s, 7.5 GB of ram I installed Ninjatrader and the apex toolkit on it and trading is pretty much all that I use it for.

@timelord914 Peter - I know you mentioned that you use NT on ASW Workspace on your tablet. Is the screen large enough to be able analyze you charts? I signed up for ASW workspace and it is sooo much faster to load my charts in NT. On my regular computer, NT would always crash on me when I try to open charts.

I use it regularly on my Nexus 7 (7 inch tablet) which has a screen resolution of 1280x720. I keep one chart on full screen and I overlay my Dom and can trade and analyze without any issue. I also use a program called Filebox extender which adds push pins to the window allowing my to easily flip up and down the overlayed windows so that I can look at my other charts quickly.

I usually trade the u.s 30 on Nadex it seems like the most consistent market but I have taken a try at the news trades with the binary but the news never really goes in my favor and I loose the trade I feel like there is something I am missing and I cant figure out what !

Joshua

I’ve actually never heard of Nexus, but it must be like an ipad? Your setup sound great. Maybe I can use my ipad this way. I’m just wondering if I should invest in another computer or another ipad for trading. Thanks Peter!

You can use the ipad, it will work fine. I wouldn’t recommend using it as your primary trading machine, I just mentioned it as a convenient way to continue monitor your charts if you have to step away from your computer. The reason being is if you are trading spreads, then you will use that to access the Apex scanner. You don’t need many resources to run it so not really sure if you have to upgrade your laptop/PC.

Joshua,

What kind of trades are you placing on news items? Spreads? Binaries? Straddless/Condors or Strangles/Butterflies?

I do binary straddles on high impact news events I usually go to the news events and see what currency it affects and try to place a trade on those events !

If you want to trade news with some measure of success I would suggest you use this calendar on the Apex Website under the News Trading Tab: News Trading Plan. If you click that link it will bring you to this page:

This calendar gives you the available news trades for the week based on the research Apex has already done for you. This week alone there were 9 available trades to do and if you click on each news trade item it will instruct you exactly how to place the trade. Super simple. It’s how I learned to do news trading and easy.

Peter.

ok sounds good I will look into that ! how did you learn to read and understand that markets its like a whole new world to me ! also thank you for all the advice I am trying to do my best to work with what i got !

Joshua

Honestly, I learned by demo trading. I watched the videos on all of the indicators I intended to use and I demo traded, kept a log of all my trades, asked myself why I entered and exited on each trade and I asked a lot of questions. I posted my charts and took the feedback that I got and I implemented it. The best way to learn is by doing. Demo trading is the cheapest and best way to learn the market. Keeping a trading log of all your trades for analysis well make you a better trader.

1 simple system - focus on this https://forum.apexinvesting.com/t/izone-sharpshooter-set-up-and-rules/4415

You spend hours watching videos at night - you can trade this at night.

Thanks I will check it out ! i appreciate your time !

split this topic #19

2 posts were split to a new topic: Amazon Workspace ( AWS ) tips

Thanks a lot Peter! This helps a ton. I appreciate you taking the time to send the information.

Darrell I watched all those videos and I have to say I am impressed i cant believe I did not see this earlier in trading I am going to be signing up soon and get on the right path the only thing I really am having trouble rapping my brain around is premium on spreads everything else was simple to get and understand also how do I get free data and can you also tell me what roll overs are for the data

Joshua

Watche the education course on setting up ninja trader it shows you how to get free data.

Also review the spread 101 course and the spread scanner it should make the premium easier.

Premium is the time value in the spread how much you will make or lose if the market did not move at all from now until expiration.

Rolling over is changing the instrument in ninjatrader to match the newest future contract. The scanner list all the current symbols to use and the month is in the name of the nadex contract itself.