Is there a way to improve my Scanner Connection?

I love the scanners, but unfortunately more often than not the Connection Icon at the bottom right hand corner has barely on bar, and a Trade Time of >2 seconds (!). What affects the Connection speed? Is there anything I can do about it?

I know sometimes just everything seems to be running slowly, and sometimes that’s the fault of my computer and other times it’s my internet connection, but when those things happen I can trace them down and fix them (usually), but the Scanner’s Connection speed seems to have a mind of its own. Is there anything I can do?

Hi there. If you’re getting a weak connection to the scanner, then that will affect you trade times and cause a delay. You can eliminate the delay by making sure you’re always hard wired into a router and never use a wireless connection. There’s too many things that can interfere with a wireless connection. You may need to check your firewall settings and be sure that they’re not blocking you somehow.

Run a speed test to make sure you actually have a decent connection and a low ping. If you don’t have fast internet from your provider, with a low ping, then your connection to the scanner will be slow regardless of what you do.