Keyboard and Mouse

Hi Everyone,

I have come to realize the difficulty of trading when you do not have the right equipment. It’s like taking a knife to a gun fight. Well, this may be a bit of an exaggeration for most, but in my case, I have a very old computer and can see how this can be a hinderance when it comes to trading. This is why I am in the process of getting a new computer most likely with EZ Trading Computers as has been recommended here.

I saw a post where Darrel mentions that he uses a Razer keyboard and mouse. When I started looking at the Razer keyboards I noticed that none of them were wifi. Digging a little deeper I noticed that wifi keyboards and mouse might not be the most appropriate when it comes to trading. The idea of having less cables or wires is always appealing, but if it will have any possibility of negatively affecting the business of trading, then I would put aside this preference…after all, the objective is doing everything possible to be better traders.

I wanted to know if Darrel or anyone could comment on WIFI Keyboards and Mice vs. Wired ones when it comes to the impact they have on trading, if any, and if anyone had any suggestions as the best ones to use for this purpose, please do share.

Thanks!

I think you mean wireless keyboards and mice, If your using a desktop then your fine with a usb keyboard and mouse, Wireless is fine too but make sure your batteries are fresh and use a 2.4G if possible.

Razer specializes in gaming peripherals. They have very good performance and are made for comfort so you can use them hours on end. They can be a little pricey, but they are worth every penny. Personally, I haven’t had a very good experience with them. I’ve gone through 2 mice and 1 keyboard within 2 years, each only lasting about a year or so.

As for wireless vs. wired, wired is always going to have better performance. Wireless keyboards and mice take longer to transmit a signal than wired ones, it wont really be a noticeable difference. With wireless, you also have to worry about batteries and the wireless signal. Wireless signals can sometimes interfere with other wireless signals or can be blocked or weakened by physical objects in the path of the signal. Dying batteries in the middle of trading is no fun either. You don’t have to worry about any of that stuff if you have a wired connection. You can never go wrong with a wired connection.

Yes, you are right, I did mean wireless keyboards and mice. Thanks for the feedback!

Also cell phones can interfere with wireless always use wired for trading.