Night Trading (6-9pm CST)

Darrell,

I see you frequent these forums and I know you have had questions like this in 2014, but I didnt see anything for 2015 so I figured I would ask/bring it up again.

I have been testing out your 5 mins bins catcher system which works fantastic (DEMO NADEX) during the day. I have watched your training video on that twice now. The problem I am running into is at NIGHT. I have been watching and observing trades in the PM (6-9PM CST) and since volume is much less, its much slower and hard to get a trade in cleanly. I work 815-5pm, so day trading is out for me, at least for now. :wink:

Do you have any suggestions for the binarytc3tick template and how to use that in the evenings, or is there another system better suited for evening trading (6-9PM CST), and do I still focus on 5 min bins with a different system, ect.

Any help and guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks Justin

Hi Justin, I would be curious to know the answer to your questions as well because im in the exact same situation as you and can only trade from 5:30-11:00p MST and have found that trend catcher is very few and far between. I had just figured this was the way it was at night, I hadnt really considered that there would be anything you could do to remedy the situation, so lately ive been focusing on doing Iron Butterflies, which ive found are surprisingly simple and there seem to be quite a bit of trading opportunities at night. I would still be open to doing trend catcher though, am curious to hear what anyone has to say about your post :slight_smile:

They are tougher to trade at night because the volatility is lower, but they are the best thing to trade at that time IMHO. If you watch UJ and AU, I find those to be the best markets. At night those at least have “desks open.” If there is news, that is the best time to trade the 5s, right after some comes out because there is more volatility. We need to look at some live charts together at night. 7 to 10 pm has the best volatility from what I have seen. Lori

Okay, I can try to be in the “pit” between 7-9PM CST and you can show me some things. I also read some similar (but older) posts from others and Darrell was talking about Boomerangs as well. Don’t know what those are but he said some traders like those at night.

Thanks for your help Lori! :slight_smile: Lori is our 5 Min Binary Queen!

What about boomerangs?

I know that more often what is used are ATM binaries. for a $20 take profit as it literally takes barely no movement its a h igher risk but a higher probability and seems to work better in lower volume markets 7 to about 10 PM ET usually are better than 6-7 or 10 to 12

How come nadex doesnt start trading on sunday nights like monday thru thursday on the us stock indices? Lots of news this weekend…

Ask them Allen - Go to nadex.com login - go to account - submit questions - if they know there is demand and there is someone willing to guarantee liquidity during those lower liquidity hours they may consider offering contracts at that time.

They do offer Forex contracts on Sunday night and several international indices on Sunday night as well. News more forex more than it moves indices on a consistency basis. There is always a market to trade :smile: Don’t limit yourself to it just becuase of the symbol in the top left of the screen. A number is a number it moves up and down on a chart you can trade it.

All other nights they have the US Indices available but not reason to worry about limiting yourself in the process.

I also am having the same problem . I can only trade once I get home from work. 930-1130pm EST. I have an essentials membership have been using 5 minute trend catcher and binary hunter. But there is just not a lot of movement at these times. If anyone has learned anything since this posting that they can share , it would be appreciated.

Try izone sharpshooter on spreads on indices commodites or forex even at night.

https://forum.apexinvesting.com/t/izone-sharpshooter-set-up-and-rules/4415

The indices are open at Night?

Im trying to figure out the best trading times. I have an option at work to either working evenings, and have the moring to 1pm Est to trade or work normal 8-5 and have the evenings to trade…

So at night I can still trade indices? Which instrument would that be? I thought they closed at like 4pm est?

YES US indices are open at night as early at 6 PM ET on Nadex a bit earlier on the CME. The close at 4 PM thing your thinking of is stocks and stock indices (though US future indices do close at 4:15 they open up shortly after that). Futures markets are open basically around the clock. Also SGX and China 50 though I don’t recommend starting on them as data feeds are expensive. At 3 AM the FDAX and FTSE open up for trading as well.

If you have the option there is more movement more often in the morning to 1 PM to trade. Depending on your family commitments and other obligations if possible being able ot trade morning to 1 pm is pretty ideal as there are more traders therefore more volume therefore larger faster moves.

Thank you so much for the help!