Ninja Seems Soooo Slow Lately (Ninja Trader Tune Up)

If Ninja is seeming much slower than normal, make sure you follow the following steps ASAP:

Ninja Trader Tune Up Steps

1. Open the Blank Workspace (file - workspace - open workspace)

2. Close all your workspaces except the blank workspace (Ensure both your futures and forex data feed connections are set to NOT connect on Startup) **BONUS TIP - delet all your workspaces under C:\Users*USERNAME\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces Then reload the toolkit

3. Close Ninjatrader

(Note: you should do the above daily and anytime you shut down Ninjatrader. Even if you have a power PC, shut it down and ideally reboot your pc daily. You can do this at the end of your trading session, if you want, so you’re ready to go for the next day)

3A Go to C:\Users[yourusernameoncomputer]\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db 3B Delete the Cache folder (NOTE ONLY DELETE THE /CACHE FOLDER THAT IS IN THE /DB FOLDER)

1. Reinstall the Toolkit

2. Open NT7 - (Do not connect to data trust me this will be faster to get you setup) Subset to make sure all the old is cleaned up A) Go to Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator B) Click ADL and click OK (You will see a bunch of code. Ignore it. Just click on the window) C) Click the F5 key at the top of your keyboard (or the compile button next to the binoculars) You will hear a sound (If you get any kind of error that means you have some other indicator with errors in it and need to remove it)

3. Do not use ANY old workspaces or old templates. Using old code and new code will cause Ninjatrader to Run Super Slow

4. File New Workspace - then open instruments and apply templates. Feel free to make a new template and apply it to other charts (again do not use the old ones)

5. Save the Workspace (NOTE the more charts, the more workspaces you have open with charts, etc… in them, the slower Ninjatrader will be)

6. Now Connect To Data (Wait a few moments for it all to upload the new data)

7. Make sure to close the workspace only having the blank workspace open when you close NT7

Daily Going Forward - Ninja Best Practices (Daily Oil Change - 1,000’s of ticks flying through NT7 daily! Let’s get it ready for a new day!)

1. When done for the day/session: Close all your workspaces except the blank workspace File -> Workspaces - > Close Workspace (Ensure both your futures and forex data feed connections are set to NOT connect on Startup)

2. Close Ninjatrader

3. Reboot PC (Yes, even you power pc traders) (Can do this immediately or in the AM when you startup again)

4. Open NT7

5. Connect To Data (Again ensure not connected on startup) (Before opening workspaces -before in the tune up section, we waited to connect so we could build them and make the templates without having to load the data. Once they are built, this is a much faster method to connect to data first and THEN load templates)

6. Open Workspaces (File Workspaces Open)

7. Repeat at end of day/trading session

I have tried everything I could think of to speed up NT, including asking support through the website. My NT has been so slow that I was reluctant to open up any work spaces because of the long delay. It was getting to the point of taking 15 to 30 minutes to open up a work space. I’m so happy that I found this as now my work spaces are opening up in just a minute or two. My only regret is that I didn’t find this information sooner. THANK YOU.