NinjaTrader chart load times explained... in detail... it's long... I warned you!

In today’s video, I go over what components inside your machine can impact the load times of charts. I get pretty technical, but try to keep it simple, so everyone can understand the major points.

Too Long, Didn’t Watch:

• RAM = How many charts you can have open.
  • Minimum suggested = 8 GB
  • CPU = How quickly your machine can run algorithms.
  • Minimum suggested = Pretty much anything produced within the last 5 years, unless it’s a laptop, (laptop cpu’s are built for efficiency and battery life, not heavy computing.)
  • HDD = How fast NinjaTrader launches & minor impacts to everything else
  • Just have one. Doesn’t really matter.
  • Network Bandwidth = How quickly you download data from data providers.
  • Minimum suggested = 30 Mbps or about 3 MBps
  • Our download speed from data providers seems to be throttled to about 1.5 Mbps

What are the Minimum Computer Requirements or Specs to run the Apex Toolkit on Ninja Trader?

Very cool and informative Austin! Thanks for putting this together. I look forward to more “green screen” videos.

Peter.

Austin! This is brilliant! I love the format! I would love to see all Apex Webinars like this. :smile:

Very informative too! You are a natural in front of the camera. I look forward to more from the crypt, er I mean the “helpdesk” :smile:

Thx. Very informative. So lets say I clear ALL of my cache data on sundays. From what I can understand it would be a good idea to then open charts with the instruments I trade on that same sunday let all the data download and then be able to open my workspace quicker on Monday ?

Then “clear all recent cache” on Monday before opening charts. And you are set. If you skip a morning of clearing all “recent cache” you need to “clear all” instead.

At least that is how I understood it.

:slight_smile:

That is absolutely correct, ronin50. Thank you all for the positive feedback. I look forward to providing you with more “fun” videos in the future.

If you’re a trader where buying or updating your computer isn’t an option for you right now, then you may want to consider AWS. You can check out the information at this link.