Premium lately

Lately the premium on NQ has been around 60 on each side. That isn’t enough for me to feel confident on putting on a iron condor. Does anyone know when the premium will get back to normal to put on these iron condors? Maybe the first week of the new year?

Bump.

Anyone have an idea?

Probably low volume, the week after Christmas and before news year is always slow as most of the western world is on vacation.

That’s what i was thinking, cause on my IZSS chart the volume barely meets expectations. I just hope the IV is better next week after the new year.

Hi CARUSO, I am new to Iron Condors so just wanted to know how much premium do you normally see on each side for the indices. Thanks.

At least 80-90 on each side for NQ. I don’t know about the others, I only trade NQ

I am assuming that high of a premium would normally be seen on the Daily indices and with plenty of time to close , at least 10-12 hours to expiration. Am i right on that ? Thanks

i enter right at 6:00 the night before once the NQ contracts become available on Nadex. Sometimes if the premium is low at 6:00 you can wait till 12 and it will be higher. Others time it would just be low all night and in those cases I wont trade.