Problems Running My Ninjatrader

1) I’m having problems with pulling up charts on Ninjatrader. Whether or not I clear the cache, the charts either take a really long time to load (a lot longer than 10 minutes), or, more likely, Ninjatrader just freezes (where it either crashes or has to be Forced Closed). In the beginning, it took a long time for the charts to load (again, more than 10 minutes), but they eventually worked. However, after I started pulling up multiple charts and creating workspaces, Ninjatrader now falls apart every time (even after deleting the workspaces and pulling up only one chart at a time).

Do I need to delete and reinstall Ninjatrader? How? What is the best way to install Ninjatrader on a second computer?

If there are any other thoughts on this matter, please let me know.

2) When I pull up a chart, I have to set the tick level every time while pulling up a pre-made chart (SEES OP, SEES OP OD). I thought these settings were already preset when I selected them.

Do I need to set the ticks every time, or are the tick sizes already a part of the pre-made charts?

Anthony

Anthony - you should send a ticket to helpdesk regarding this. But, maybe your computer can’t handle NT? Mines couldn’t, and would freeze up on me too. I had to get an AWS account and run NT on that. Works fine now.

Regarding #2, are you referring to the bar size? If so, yes, you do have to change that when you pull up a chart template. This is because you would usually use a different bar size depending on what instrument you are pulling up.

Yeah, I’m thinking it’s a computer issue. It did work briefly, but not now. That’s why I want to do the reinstall thing before moving to other options.

Another idea is to install the same Ninjatrader account on a better computer.

Any ideas on how to do both of these?

If no one can help here, I’ll contact Support.

(Concerning Amazon, it is an option, but I would want to make consistent money before getting it.)

Make sure you downloaded the particular date you want to replay

This post is a great resource if you want to reinstall…

I hope it helps you.

Peter