Problems with Nadex demo account

Hey all,

I wasnt sure exactly where to post this thread, but I was wondering if anyone else ever experiences weirdness with their demo accounts. To explain what I mean by weirdness, there are two things im noticing. My account balance doesnt always update instantly, and often seems “off” based on my calculations of what ive won/lost etc (its very possible im not calculating things properly). The other thing thats weird is the emails I get regarding the orders ive placed.

To illustrate what im talking about, say I buy 10 contracts of a strike, and say I set a certain take profit order. What im noticing is that I get emails saying that my take proft order was executed, BUT, its not just one email saying 10 contracts were executed at said amount, I get like 10 emails saying that 1 contract was executed at said amount. Is this normal?

Also, once I had a take profit set, but it didnt get executed, it went all the way to exp. Granted, it was a winning trade, but still, my take profit was set at $95 so why would it go all the way to exp at $100 and not get sold at $95? Im 100 percent certain I set the take profit order in the correct way.

So, to sum it up, I just want to make sure im not crazy and hope im not doing something wrong. Thank you!

If you think you see an error on the nadex demo account. Call Nadex customer service and have them walk you through it. Either there is an error they need to fix or your making a calculation error. I know the phone app takes a while to update. But web no issues i have seen. Please call them about their platform :slight_smile:

If you got more than 1 email that is because there where partial fills ie 2 filled 4 filled 3 filled 1 filled till all 10 filled totally normal if its edging on a price.

it expires at 100 or 0 that does not mean it went 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100

It could have been say 90 before the “dark zone” and move up that 95 would have been hit if not in dark zone …

or the bid offer spread may be say 8 and the best your going to get out is at 92 just look at the price ladder and you will know

Thank you very much Darrell, that makes sense. I think that my understanding of how the markets work is still a little bit fuzzy. But im getting there. Im having success with the iron butterflies and im really excited. Thanks so much!