Simulation charts

in this simulation chart in trend catcher i do not see 2 loosing trades on the chart.

they are not plotted.

what am i missing?

please help

2015-02-20_1536 - Nicholas111’s library

Can you post the full chart, showing the prices and what the diag bar size is along with what your trading.

There are no confirmation arrows on either of those trades. They are not valid trades.

There are no confirmation arrows because in both cases the confirmation bar flipped and closed in the opposite direction. But before that, price exceeded the entry target. If you are trading this in real time wouldn’t that be a valid entry. All the statistics I see are from TC entry prices, and if you wait for a bar to close that throws off all the entry prices. So I agree with Nicholas, what are we missing?

I recently posted this in a similar thread. I hope it answers your question. I’ll just copy and paste it here.

"The stats will give you an idea. Live trading will definitely differ though. Trading live you are getting in during the confirmation bar when the price is hit.

The sim stats are calculated off the bar close. There will be times when you enter the trade (confirmation bar hitting price and matching the trend catcher confirmation indicator)… and then the market will reverse changing the color of the trend catcher confirmation indicator during the bar. Now you had a losing trade where the simulator will have never entered because at the close of the bar the confirmation indicator did not line up.

Hope that makes sense. This definitely skews the stats trading live. As to how much, I cant say. If you are unsure about it, do some forward testing on demo and see how it plays out for you. Of course, you could also just run it through market replay."

Please update your toolkit any issues have been addressed. It looks intrabar at the intra range bar.

The stats are very accurate. It will not differe much from live. In fact with the recent update live should be better than stats.

[quote=travishawkins]I recently posted this in a similar thread. I hope it answers your question. I’ll just copy and paste it here.

"The stats will give you an idea. Live trading will definitely differ though. Trading live you are getting in during the confirmation bar when the price is hit.

The sim stats are calculated off the bar close. There will be times when you enter the trade (confirmation bar hitting price and matching the trend catcher confirmation indicator)… and then the market will reverse changing the color of the trend catcher confirmation indicator during the bar. Now you had a losing trade where the simulator will have never entered because at the close of the bar the confirmation indicator did not line up.

Hope that makes sense. This definitely skews the stats trading live. As to how much, I cant say. If you are unsure about it, do some forward testing on demo and see how it plays out for you. Of course, you could also just run it through market replay."[/quote]