The Swing Trade SUCCESS train keeps rolling, 11 min $275 profit!

OK. here is my contribution to the IZSS swing trade success train.

I’m still learning the ropes with the Izone system and starting to use swings more.
I have a couple newbie questions looking at your chart:

1. Could you clarify what you mean when you say you “used Stop Order instead of Stop Limit to get better fill”?
    **What I’m doing right now is using Stop Trigger Plugin for entry (set 3 ticks from high/low)…it fills…i then open another Stop Trigger Plugin and set the “stop loss”…I’ve just been manually hitting Lightning for take profits… Am I entering correctly? Do you then open another Stop Trigger Plugin for the Take Profits (ie; 1st Target/2nd Target)???

2. NQ calculations (risk/reward) for Nadex Spreads
    **Taking your first swing trade as an example (assuming i’m just trading 1 nadex spread contract)…Enter at approx. 4630.25…set stop swing low at approx. 4623.75 ($65.00 risk) or trend flip line at approx 4622.00 ($82.50 risk)…take profit at example 10 ticks ($25.00)…Is that the nature of the risk/reward for these swing trades (am i calculating that correctly)???
    Thanks for your time.

Great questions @elliot12.

With regard to the “stop order” I was making reference to futures trading (via Ninjatrader) not Nadex spreads using the stop plugin. From the way you describe it sounds like you are using the stop plugin correctly for your entries and your stop loss. I would suggest that you actually set a take profit order for your swing trades, makes it a little easier than sitting there waiting to pounce on the rapid submit button :smile: . If you aren’t sure how to do that go ahead and review the training course for the spread scanner here Pro Spread Scanner Step By Step Training and then let us know if you have any lingering questions.

With regard to your risk/reward question, yes it is the nature of the risk/reward for these swing trades. When scalping in order to give the trade more room to hit your take profit target you are usually taking on more risk…at least that how it has worked for me. I used to scalp with a tighter stop 15 ticks and I found I was getting stopped out more often for a loss. Darrell often states don’t try to force the market to fit your risk tolerance, look at it this way - placing your stop at the swing high/low (the point where price was rejected and the market changed direction) has more significance than some arbitrary dollar amount that you feel comfortable risking on any given trade. As a result there is a higher probability of your target being hit before your strategically placed stop loss is hit. Trend flip line is also used as an area for stop placement, I usually leave it at the swing low and then move it up when my first target is hit if I’m trading multiple contracts. If I’m trading a single contract, I will look at the full context of what the market is doing during that trade and reduce my risk accordingly.

I hope that helped.

Peter.

Thanks for clarifying Peter, I appreciate it.