Trigger price too close to indicative

Hi,

I’ve had times where I get an error telling me my trigger price is too close to indicative. This is rather frustrating as it typically happens when things are moving a bit faster.

I’m wondering what the reasoning for this is if any, and if there is a way around it.

Here is a screenshot of the chart when I experienced an error. Going for a P2 boomer here, you can see the green arrow signaling long. Note the close of the reversal bar is right up at the top there, and the break out bar does not have much room to operate according to the trigger functions preference, I have no idea whatever that preference is in regard to how much room it will allow before it decides if it will a trigger activation or not.

2014-04-28_1416 - Doppelrock’s library

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

if it is 1 whole tick closer than it will give the message if it is 1.1 (1/10th of a tick more or less than the indicative it will not) basically if its that close have your finger on the limit button not the stop trigger. I’m pretty sure this is covered in the stop trigger course have you had a chance to review it?