Trouble Getting Market Replay to Work? Read This!

I was having a problem getting NT7 to replay the data. It kept giving me a prompt that said there was no data available going backwards to my requested date and to choose a date that was only one day old.

Darrel did a great job of walking me through some things and was able to determine what was causing the glitch.

If you are getting a prompt that says something like: “Please specify a Goto date greater or equal to 12/25/2019.” Then make sure and follow these five steps precisely:

1. Clear all cache in your Apex Tool Kit before opening Ninja
  2. Download the batch data found in the webinar replay recordings under the Section 12 steps for Sniper Setup 5. On the right side you will find a boxed area titled “Master Sniper Trading with Market Replay Training.” Under the webinar replay thumbnail there is a link “Download Data Here” This is the data for the for NQ 12-19 contracts.
  3. After downloading the NQ-12-19 data zip file, unzip it in the . . . documents/ninjatrader/db/data folder or unzip it somewhere and copy and paste to that location.
  4. Open Ninja with just a single replay chart with the “Days to Load” parameter under the “Data Series” section set to load 150 days.
  5. Connect to live for NQ 12-19 and let it completely load the data.
  6. After loading has completed, disconnect from live feed then connect to the “Market Replay” feed
  7. Once the Market Replay data has COMPLETELY loaded, select a replay date of at least 10/1/19. DO NOT set the date via the “Go To” function found by right clicking on the start date box. Simply select a start date of 10/1/19 and let the data load. The issue that causes the prompt to pop us is caused by selecting both a date and time when first loading the Market Replay function.