Using the wrong NT signup page to get FXCM username & password email?

Hello Apex Community. I’ve been a member of the site for about a month and this is my first time posting, so please forgive me if this is the wrong section of the forum for this post. I finally got a new computer to install NT & Data Feeds on and I have successfully completed the “Setting up Ninja Trader, Data Feeds, & The Apex Toolkit course”. After successfully installing NT and Futures Data, I proceeded to install Forex Data. I used the link above the video “To get FXCM free FX Data”, and it sent me back to NT. Once NT opened, I entered my info again where it said “Start using Ninja Trader FREE with unlimited real time and historical forex market data”. After this, it asks which version of NT in the drop down, selected NT7, and then opens the page that said, " You will receive an email including your username and password to connect to FXCM". Here lies the the problem… The only email I received is “Thank you for your interest in Ninja Trader and our forex brokerage services”. I have yet to receive my username and password for FXCM. Now, I did email NT support and they just suggested to check my spam folder, but nothing was found there. I am hoping someone has a recommendation or has experienced this very recently and found a solution. Thank you in advance for any help, much appreciated.

I’m having the same issue have you found a solution yet? I also tried setting up an account from fxcm.com directly but their site is not working for me.

From experience, the return of emails for free data feed accounts usually doesn’t work. Try again on monday and you will probably get the email response with the username and password.

Thanks for the reply. I was able to connect with FXCM customer service and got a link to the correct page. The link above the video for installing Forex Data takes you to NT sign up page but isn’t the right form and is not the same page that is shown in the video. I tried several times using that form only to get a thank you for your interest email. I have successfully installed FXCM Data in NT and am on my way.

Yes I have. Try going to fxcm.com again, select “Platforms”, and then select “Ninja Trader”. This should open the page with the “Free Ninja Practice Account… Try it now tab”. This will open the registration page. Enter your info, register and you should get an email from brokerage@ninjatrader with your username and password you need to set up your Forex Data in NT. Hope this helps.

On what page is the wrong link posted. Please share this and we will update it. On NTB’s site you do have to choose forex when you select it for it to send it to you. Also they can be very slow to send this on the weekends.

When selecting (To get FXCM Free FX Data CLICK HERE) on this page, it takes you to this NT page where you scroll down and enter your info.

After, you enter your info you receive this email from NT and not one from FXCM that includes your username and password.

This is the page you should be sent to. Correct?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks

Can you simply provide the URLS :slight_smile: Those are what we need.

Sorry,didn’t see such a quick reply, my bad… :wink:

To get FXCM from page… http://apexinvesting.net/module-2/installing-fxcm/

Sends you to this page… http://ninjatrader.com/Forex#!Forex_Commissions

Should send to this page…

Oh and by all means, correct me if I’m wrong. This is just the circumstances of what I experienced when trying to get the data.

It actually should send you here: http://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData where you fill it on 1x for forex and 1x for futures. We will get that updated for you :slight_smile: Thank you! As they update their site we have to update ours. We appreciate you helping us keep it up to date.

I was going to add that URL to the list also but I couldn’t find it quick enough. I did use that page also and I got the same result if I remember correctly. But in the training video, it shows you being taken to the page I listed with the “Free Ninja Practice Account… Try it now tab” on it so that’s the page I was expecting to be sent to. Once I was able to locate that page I was able to get my username and password. Now that I have everything just about set up, all I need to do is join the Elite Membership. As long as members get the info they need that’s what’s important. :smiley: That’s what counts. Great to finally chat with you Darrell. Talk soon.

Yeah websites change constantly so that is the issues with videos that refer to them. Just have to adjust a bit in reality to their ever updating menus lol.

Thank you for being so persistent thats a good sign :slight_smile: