"Viva la Difference"

Darrell asked us to comment on our experiences in ER, which I would have done even if he hadn’t asked, because I think it is one of the best improvements Apex has made in the 3 years I’ve been a member.

Having either Darrell or Lori alone calling out trades in the ER, and on the mic – no more fumbling around with the impish keyboard – is itself a great advantage, but having the two together, often in flagrant disagreement, is another potential breakthrough.

Because what could be better, especially in ambiguous market conditions, i.e., chop, than having the two top Apex traders contend with reasoned differences on how to apply the rules in messy and uncertain circumstances?

On all the most difficult and confusing issues – how to define chop, how to trade it, how to read divergence, whether to credit DR over OP, when is the trend is exhausted, etc. – I absolutely agree with Darrell! Until, that is, I hear from Lori when I change my mind, and vice versa. It’s painful, but a blessing. It makes you think.

Of course, it is very difficult to trade, analyze, call out setups, manage the room and meanwhile debate their differences. But even in the past few days they’ve made progress mastering this rare and creative form.

Eventually, of course, harmony could prevail and the ER might then go the way of the local nightly news, offering us unction and gender balance, rather than ideas, in a perfectly uniform and politically correct version of the Sniper system.

But until “Let a Hundred Blossoms Bloom!” because I’m learning a lot and hope they can keep it up.

This is awesome thank you we are having a blast and helping each other and everyine in the room. Look forward ro it continuing to increase in value.