What happened to Trend Catcher and Nadex 5-minute binaries strategies?

I just signed up into Apex Investing to check out the 5-minute Nadex binary strategies I saw displayed in some Apex youtube videos.

I’m looking now and it appears they’re all gone, all the forum topics on the subject are at least 2 years old, and all the necessary indicators have been disabled in the toolkit.

Is trading 5-minutes no longer part of Apex offerings?

Generally, I think people were just finding 5 minute binaries to risky and not worthy it.

Check out the Binary Parts of the Open House Webinar. You may find something your interested in there.

http://apexinvesting.net/open-house-ongoing-webinars/

Fair enough, but why disable the indicators in the toolkit? Obviously people can choose their own level of risk tolerance.

Was there any sort of announcement made that Apex would no longer teach/support 5 minute strategies? And possibly why?

Trendcatcher was dropped as a sub product (it had a lesser price for it) over a year ago (maybe 2) (I’m a slow adopter I was using it when it was folded into the current pricing) its best to stick with the current training (unless you stuck to an old method and it works for you).

I’ve seen the current training for binaries and it’s much better than the old 5 min ones ever were (which were not every 5 min mind you and you may only have 2 or three triggers an hour)

I’d run over current binary training and leave the old stuff alone… there is a reason few to no traiders use it now)

Been through all the Open House stuff and have been doing Ultimate Power Plays. Made me think back to this.

I’m with you on keeping with current training and the like, and I understand all the old stuff is being reevaluated and revamped, but it’s certainly understandable the appeal of the 5min binaries, simply because there’s so much more flexibility. Aside from the quickness (in-&-out) of 5min expiry, the fact that contracts are basically available 23/5 makes it easier for off-schedule traders.

And if you’re talking 2 or 3 triggers per hour, that actually seems quite good. Even if we say only a quarter of them end up being trades, that’s still more than 14 per day. Narrow that down to the 20% timeframe when 80% of those setups occur, and you’ve got a nice window with plenty of potential trades to be extremely picky with.

I’d personally love a legit strategy that saw 2-3 triggers per hour. Is that really possible?

It was a meh strat… which is why it fell by the wayside. I’d trade for an hour, watching 6 charts might make between 12 and 21 trades (perhaps I should have said UP TO 3 or 4 trades an hour) some days I’d be up… some not so much.

Personally I’d rather take 4 trades a day and make my cash and walk away than 18 trades and flip a coin as to wether I was up or not.

Stick to what’s working… the 5 min were to much like gambling for my taste.

EDIT: By the by the pp’s on binarys I’ve been told do quite well… sure you aren’t trading the “5min” ones but the proper binary for your chosen time should skip between 30 and 60 quite nicely. (Which is what you were aiming for with the fives… not letting it run to the end and taking the whole kitty… just trying to squeeze 25 or 30 bucks out of em)

Hi there. Returning apex member here. Was around 2 years ago but the 9-5 job just got really overwhelming, leaving me with no time to trade (even at night). Things have calmed down a lot in that respect and so I’m wanting to give trading another shot. My trading capital was always very little, so I’ve only ever traded on Nadex and have only used the boomerang system and other Nadex methods. I’d like to continue trading again on Nadex again, but was wondering if, aside from the slight increase in contract fees, anythings changed? Is there new, updated material/classes on binary option trading? Or can i simply hop back on nadex and trade using the stuff I’ve learned in the past? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hello,

Check out the Power Plays for binaries and spreads. You will find it under the Elite Education tab. Choose spreads or binaries and you will find the training. Get to know Order Prints as well. Apply new stuff with knowledge you already know and of course be in the Elite Room asking questions.

Happy trading

Kellie

Hey kellie :slight_smile: thanks for getting back right away. Are any of these accessible outside elite membership? Don’t get me wrong; yes I do intend on starting up a paid membership but was wondering if I could get my feet wet with free stuff for now.

Oh well most of the indicators used for the Power Play setups are part of the Elite membership. You can follow the newsplan, use the deviation levels and deviation indicator and scanners complimentary and of course all education is free.