Analyze my scalp strategy

I would like some feedback/help with using the expected ranges for scalping… this is a 16tic TF chart. i like the 16tic because it seems clearer. Im only scalping for 10 tics at a time. and i like the up/down volume so i can see the reversals better. Ive noticed as it trades back and forth between red/green on expected ranges it seems like you could scalp each time. Barring news and having room to the next deviation. And also scalping on reversals with volume or high volume bar with a high velocity bar… Also if it closes in the green or red when it starts a new range i.e 10am. should you only scalp in that direction… I hope its not too confusing. Any advise or constructive criticism is most appreciated. Plus if u think i should use 14tic bars with 14tic scalp i understand… The bottom line, and the real question is, how would you suggest i use the expected ranges for scalping? thank you

I would look at the boomerang system (even if scalping futures/forex) understanding this system will hep you masters ranges, expected volume, and reversals.

http://apexinvesting.net/boomerangbinarytradingsystem/

This should help a lot on exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

I would be doing a lot more scalps than what are shown

Up down volume does not show you the expected volume. If you want green and red balls on up down volume add expected volume to the same panel and make the volume bars transparent so you have the expected levels of volume along with the up down volume colors. This should give you the best of both worlds. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps keep me updated.

I completed the boomerang course. Thanks for the tip about the volume up down on top of the expected volume, one thing I noticed is the volume is different on the volume up down and expected volume. I just have a couple questions. Can I trade the the boomerang system on futures with diagnostic bars or would the 4 minute be better? Would expected movement be the high/low of expected range? Thanks

You would need to use the 4 min bars for Boomerang as taught in the course, the Diagnostic bars do not work for this particular strategy. The Volume up down shows the volume for particular diagnostic bar, adn the Expected Volume works on an ongoing basis looking back 4 mins, so it is calculated a little differently. So that is a great idea to have them both