Apex Entry

I’m a little confused about this point. On an Apex entry, (lets say long) u look for a possible entry on the second bar, providing its 3 ticks above the high of the last E. Here’s the question. 3 ticks being the high, the low, the open or the close of that 2nd bar. Because each bar has those 4 positions on them. Thanks for your help. Craig

Craig - the entry is always from the high or low of the setup bar.

No worries about being confused, at least you are asking questions!!!

Happy trading, Brad

OK. I’m just going to clarify. Setup Bar is the “E”. Lets say the “E” reads H 1915.25 and a L of 1913.75 and we’re looking at it long. So by the 2nd bar the H should read 1916.0 (or more) or is it the L that should be 1916.0 This is the point of my confusion. I just want to be sure of this APEX entry point. Thanks for your help. Craig

If you’re going long, calculate three ticks above the high of “E” once it closes. That number will be your entry assuming the indicative hits it within the following three bars. The highs and lows of the bars after the “E” aren’t taken into account.

[quote]OK. I’m just going to clarify. Setup Bar is the “E”. Lets say the “E” reads H 1915.25 and a L of 1913.75 and we’re looking at it long. So by the 2nd bar the H should read 1916.0 (or more) or is it the L that should be 1916.0 This is the point of my confusion. I just want to be sure of this APEX entry point. Thanks for your help. Craig[/quote]

Long (Green) E Bar Instrument ticks in .25 (We always use the ticks size of the actual instrument not a derivative like a spread or binary - so if the instrument ES ticks in .25 we use .25 we don’t use ie .1 for US 500 on spreads even if trading spreads we use .25 per tick on ES)

3 ticks above a high would be .75 on ES

So if the

High was 1915.25

Low was 1913.75

and you had along entry where all rules met up

then the buy entry price would be .75 above the high of 1915.25 being 1916