Apex Momentum Scalp System Rules and ATM Strategy Setup

NTB feed is a future

Nadex spreads are a derivative option

Indicative is not the future

Use tick rules ie 3 ticks above use es 3 ticks is .75 so always use rules based in the underlying marker not Nadex tick size.

to set up the momentum scalp ATM strategy, is there a difference between “static dom” and “dynamic superDOM”? because i dont have the “static dom” option… is that something i need to purchase separately with ninja? or can i use dynamic superDOM instead?

You can use either. But Static is a WHOLE LOT EASIER - pay the .10 its worth it.

sorry so many questions on this atm. just wana make sure i have it all down… but when you enter on the DOM, do you enter with a buy/sell stop? or limits? and if its a buy/sell stop how can you do that on DOM? ive looked for videos on ninja but its all buy/sell limit orders on DOM… and i would rather enter with buy/sell stop to make sure it even gets to the price i want… if im looking at it wrong please let me know… because i dont want to enter above/below market and start the trade down before it even hits my price… ok i think i got it figured out. if you enter a STOP on the buy side thats a BUY STOP and STOP on sell side is SELL STOP. is that correct? thanks for your help

I did this in the elite trade room Thursday to show you how to do it and how to practice.

Order type can vary by market.

Let me know if it resolves your questions

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EPJFN4qNHB4[/video]

very helpful. i appreciate all your support. i work full time days right now and i watch and learn and simulate all i can afternoons and weekends. im going to start trading full time in the second week in july. just want to learn everything back n forth. thanks a lot

Important tip use the Static DOM if doing this on the DOM so you don’t make a mistake. The issue on a dynamic dom is it “jumps around” so you middle mouse click to place a stop but then to adjust it you left click. If the price jumps when you do this you will accidentally place a limit order (not a stop limit but a limit) and get filled instantly (ie a buy above the market as a limit will get instantly filled). Just practice with a dynamic and you will see what I mean. A static DOM cost .10 a trade/.20 round turn and is worth it the commission and bid ask one an error alone (entry/exit) will more than pay for many a round turns. You know the difference if you see hold in the top left corner its dynamic.

NinjaTrader Version 7 http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?static_vs_dynamic_price_ladder.htm

Did you consider using the Bar Range distance +/- 3 ticks rather than the bar size ticks +/- 3 ticks?

Not sure what you mean. Except for maybe you mean using the diagnostic bar range indicator so your not waiting for the cancel to close to place your order. Yes this is a wise decision. You could also simply add the bar size plus 3 ticks above the say high of the bar previous to the setup bar. Either one will work.

Should you use this strategy when the market isn’t trading or is choppy? Do we just simply take the setup in the direction of high/low of bar close on exceeded volume?

do you mean when the market isn’t trending?

I use it so long as we have volume exceeding expectations more than 1/5 bars

A choppy day can be fine just depends on how choppy it is if its chopping in a very tight range you probably wont be exceeding volume that much anyway but if you see it in a tight range you may back off if volume is still exceeding. Often though the reality is chop is very much a hindsight. One thing i can say is it should win often very often. So if your losing more than your winning than i would back off of that market. I like to watch an ag, a fx pair, an indice, a metal, and an energy as one of those puppies is almost always moving.

I think I answered my own question but thought I would post to check I got this ok, because still getting used to Ninjatrader. Whilst replaying and practicing some scalps with the DOM ATM setup, I entered two scalps on consecutive bars, so the first trade was still active at time of second entry. The second trade was added to the first currently active position and ATM strategy, rather than being submitted with a separately managed stop and Target.

Darrell shows taking momentum scalps on consecutive bars in the course, but it can’t work with the DOM ATM settings from the first post in this thread. I watched a Ninjatrader video called Advanced trade management level 2, and near the end I got my answer, that I needed to change the DOM properties setting for ATM strategy selection mode to KeepSelectedAtmStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission. This allows each separate trade entry its own separate ATM strategy.

So just want to check I got this right, any issues with using that setting and I’m correct in thinking we can enter momentum scalps on consecutive bars, or do people generally just run one at a time, wait until one is closed before entering a new scalp?

Hey Woodzy, I did the exact same thing and it keeps the orders as its’ own separate trade or scalp. I believe that’s the correct way to set up.

Mark

Woodzy thank you for setting the screenshots good stuff. Much Appreciated!

Darrell,

Can Momentum Scalps be used on Nadex Spreads, or can it be used on Nadex Binaries only?

I’d like to stick to Nadex and not wander out into the forest for now as I’m new. I’m resisting opening a new account with NTB, and will try Momentum Scalping on Nadex Binaries, after I’ve grasped the DTP.

You mentioned somewhere that someone new like me should learn Nadex Spreads before Nadex Binaries. I’m taking your advice and can see why. The logic of Spreads is simple, especially on the DTP. I really like the simplicity of it all.

But if Momentum Scalping can only be applied on Nadex Binaries, if I do want to stick exclusively to Nadex for now, I’ll put it off into the future.

Thanks in advance for addressing my question.

If the bid offer is tight enough (ie Gold spreads have a very tight bid offer spread) would also need a very low proximity. Also you need to have larger bars or go for more bars if the bid/offer is wider.

Well i am a newbie here… so here it goes. I set up the DOM according to the instructions. I noticed it is for TF. I am not sure how to trade this using the Dom on Nadex, where can I go to learn. But originally since I am unable to trade in the day, I want to begin to implement the strategy on forex spots. I have gbp/jpy open, I am not sure what indicatiors I am suppose to open and use to trade APEX and the momentum scalp, or does it do it automatically?

Well i am a newbie here… so here it goes. I set up the DOM according to the instructions. I noticed it is for TF. I am not sure how to trade this using the Dom on Nadex, where can I go to learn? But originally since I am unable to trade in the day, I want to begin to implement the strategy on forex spots. I have gbp/jpy open, I am not sure what indicatiors I am suppose to open and use to trade APEX and the momentum scalp.

Traine, You can not place your Nadex trades using the Dom within the Ninjatrader platform. You must place your Nadex trades through the Nadex Platform or the Apex Scanner, Ticket extension and Stop Plug. If you are looking to trade Spot FX you can trade through Ninja. As far as your questions on the Apex System and the Momentum scalping you need to watch the Elite MVP Training Course, from start to finish, it walks you through each step on exactly how to do them and what charts and indicators are needed: http://apexinvesting.net/apex-elite-mvp-course/