Can I learn to be successful and trade full time?

Anthony in the Elite room has worked hard at learning to read the markets, follow the rules, and learn his emotions.

Here is an example of his dedication paying off using VAD 2. This screenshot shows his trades for the day, but he hasn’t yet marked it up with notes.

10:45:26 {prospero:apexvelez87_-_Anthony} Im proof that VAD works for an amatuer trader

Great job how long have you been at it or I should say when did you start?

This trading wasn’t mine Maurice it was Anthony’s, and I’m not sure how long he’s been trading. Or what timing his stages have taken. It’s different for everyone, depending on what’s going on in their life.

It’s just a great example of yes it’s possible and can happen.

I just started demo trading and was wondering before I do live trading how should I approach this from a tax stand point. Is there anything I can do to set up my trading so most of my profits are taxed as least as possible.

Hi West,

If you do a search for Tax these are all the posts that come up…

https://forum.apexinvesting.com/search?q=tax

Thanks Kellie I will check it out.

You are welcome :wink:

Hello,

I began with demo trading nadex spreads then just did a week of live trading. I picked low risk trades and noticed when I did see a profit in was really a loss cause it did not cover the cost of the spread. I was wondering where should I focus now to increase my profits. Should I be focusing on higher risk trades that are closer to the floor or ceiling open to any suggestions. Thanks.

Hi West,

When trading spreads you always need to consider the bid ask spread…as soon as you enter you will be down that much.

When trend trading spreads you always want:

1. the widest spread, typically dailies are the widest…meaning between floor and ceiling…
  2. to find the spread where the price is closest to where the underlying market is trading…this is NTM or near the market…
  3. near the middle of the spread with 0 - 1 proximity, the spread price will move the fastest when it’s in the center between floor and ceiling and will move as most similar to the market when it is in the center as well

Once the spread price starts getting closer to the floor or the ceiling then price movement begins to slow down.

Consider the market you are trading and the time of day. Reading the chart does it look like the market will move far enough to cover the bid ask spread and make you some profit? Is there enough volume and volatility for that time of day in the market you are trading? Are the spreads offered for your market wide enough to get enough movement? The narrower spreads won’t move as fast or far as the wider markets.

you can check out these additional links too to help you

https://forum.apexinvesting.com/t/izone-sharpshooter-nadex-spreads-swing-trade-feedback/5101

Also just doing a search trend trading spreads…all of this comes up… https://forum.apexinvesting.com/search?q=trend%20trading%20spreads

So you can go thru that and see the all the feedback and advice from experienced traders including Darrell on the topic