Darrell, are you a millionaire?

Has Nadex made you millions? Hundreds of thousands? $27.15?
If you’d prefer discretion, an average monthly ROI would also suffice.

I must know. Because there is no greater motivator than results.

Cheers

If you have to ask, you’re not in the club. Maybe a better place to look: You can do this and why you should “http://apexinvesting.net/forum/you-can-do-why-you-should-271/

In the search for a reliable opinion concerning the profit potential of trading, I feel like a scattershot forum of anonymous posters ONLY posting their wins is not the ideal place to look.

Darrell is clearly an expert. He clearly works hard. If there’s a best case scenario, he’s probably tasted it. If you wanna know how successful a man can be in golf, you don’t wander down to the local driving range. You ask Tiger Woods.

LOL…too funny. Oh Darrell, please answer this!!!

Other than being highly rude does it devalue his advice to you or his knowledge if he only has $900,000? How about only $500,000? Is your million requirement liquid or net worth? Is his advice with more to you if he has 5 million?

Im sure Darrell will not want to answer this because even if he made$100 million that doesnt mean anyone else will. Everyone is different. But if someone is asking for investment advise, of course i would rather have advise from someone thats made $5 million more than someone whos made $100k. Thats a no brainer.

LOL…you guys are ruining all the fun. Darrell, I want to see bank statements, stock certificates, real estate and anything else you may have mister. What kind of credit line do you have?

Meh, he doesn’t strike me as the easily offended type. This is the kind of question that would be rude to ask your in laws at dinner, but this is a TRADING forum. Trading is about money. If Darrell was teaching us how to shoot, I’d ask him how tight a grouping he can put down at 25 yards. But he’s teaching us how to make money, and in making money ROI is the only accolade that matters, so I’m asking him about that. Like I said, millionaire, $900,000-aire, are irrelevant. I’m more interested in ROI.

So whaddya say Darrell? Put my skepticism to rest so I can charge ahead a believer?

Cheers

Rude question? Most assuredly! Blackadder, I concur - in the now infamous words of Mrs. Clinton - “what difference does it make?!” I suggest superherobyday read today’s post from Lori regarding the assistance Apex and specifically DM have rendered to her in the same time frame that shbd has been a member. That post is good motivation and speaks to how Apex can will assist the motivated aspiring trader.

Bottom line - we are responsible for our own success or failure. Apex is here to assist in all facets of learning, coaching, and providing systems to recognize opportunities and exploit them or not.

shbd - if you are truly skeptical of what is represented here at Apex - you have likely not put in the time. The time and the funds to trade are about the only elements Apex does not provide.

I think Darrell’s success speaks for itself without seeing bank statements. Darrell could easily brag about his accomplishments and successes in dollar signs but he doesn’t and won’t because it’s pretty obvious he does very well and he is just a humble nice man who just wants to trade. He started this “thing” to pass on what he learned to his children and never set out to make an “education company.” He was a successful trader before he started trading Nadex and now we get to benefit from the $100,000’s of dollars that he has personally put in to paying programmers and staff to create this wonderful forum and support team and tools that work for new and experienced traders alike. Why do you think he has his own radio show? Why do you think he cohosts a show with Tom Obrien? Because he knows what he is talking about. You say he’s clearly an “expert” but yet you want him to prove it by how much money he has made trading? I fail to see how that is necessary.

Darrell usually hides his account balance on the Nadex platform but one day I caught a glimpse of his demo account balance. It stated $8,474,000. I don’t care what you do, you cannot fake that kind of growth in the Nadex demo platform. Maybe that should give you some kind of idea what kind of money can be made?

There is so much I can say but most of it has been said. To not be accused of dodging the question I will provide in what I believe to be an appropriate response. You will have to forgive me for the delayed response. My intent was not to not answer, I have been at a family funeral the latter half of the day.

True Motivation True motivation comes from within. The drive and burning passion to succeed. To be a winner. Winning in trading is trading to trade well. Managing your risk and your profits and trading consistenly. This is what drives and has driven Tiger Woods not someone else. If your motivation is at the root is simply what someone else can do then you limit yourself. I was not motivated by someone else success at Nadex. I saw the opportunity and was determined to succeed.

YouMotivation | Motivational & Inspirational Videos, Quotes & Pictures “http://www.youmotivation.com/motivational-articles/10-success-advice-from-tiger-woods-5935

Someones success is inspirational but not a driving motivation.

I trade Nadex (as well as futures, forex and options) not because I saw someone else doing it, As there was basically no education on Nadex and no one to show me it was possible, but because I had inner motivation and drive to figure it out and succeed.

I am motivated by my desire to be a succesful trader. But its deeper than that. I also desire to help my wife and children do the same and help others also. But its deeper than that. Its not trading and winning that’s simply what. My why…the thing that drives me…is the ability to change my life, my families life, and others lives. To afford the financial freedom to have the time and resources to follow ones hearts desire to live a life full of meaning and purpose.

My purpose is not to put you or anyones skepticism at rest. Either you believe you can do it or you don’t believe you can do it. If you don’t believe you can do it, close your account and save yourself time and money as you won’t succeed no matter how much I have made. If you do believe you can then dig in put in the time set realistic goals and follow a plan and find a true inner motivation or you will quit before you ever reach your destination.

Regarding ROI being the only accolade that matters. If thats all that matters why help others. I get more satisfaction from traders success and telling me how its changed their life than I ever do from a big ROI. And in reality, I am a much better trader because I have done so. Apex has improved its systems many times over do to the help of many real traders.

Am I a Millionaire?

I do not define who I am buy how much money I have. “For what does it benefit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul”. I am a blessed man covered by the grace of God and have an amazing family and have more than enough to provide for my family. And in that sense I am rich as rich gets.

I am not going to lay out my net worth and quote all my earnings for as long as I have traded Nadex to solve your skepticism. I do not desire to make one think they can do or one to be limited by what I have done by quoting my ROI or net worth.

Am I able to trade profitably ?

Though many great coaches in sports may not be the best athletes they are still great coaches. I have leamed a lot and become a better trader from many of my coaches over the years and have even surpassed many of their performance records. Though all analogies do breakdown and this is trading not sports.

Therefore, I do understand the desire to know if in the world of trading is the person able to be put into practice and make money doing what they teach as there are so many out there who teach to sell knowledge to make money. Unfortunately, some even take what I teach resell it and do so in order to get money to trade. A formula that is doomed to fail. I traded for many years before even considering teaching someone. Though Apex does give all its education free (I have paid a small fortune for my education in seminars, mentoring, books, videos, time, and unfortunately the market itself and desire to help people not to have to repeat that cycle), and I have spent countless hours making this free and valuable education),and I even give some of the tools away free (tools that have taken years and over 100k to develop). Yes we do charge for certain tools as we spend a lot to make them and to continue to make more tools that make it easier to trade and it is not cheap to make them.

Am I able to trade profitably on Nadex?

This is the more valid and appropriate question. Yes, I have made more on Nadex than I have lost. I have withdrawn more than I have deposited. I regularly make withdrawls.

With that in mind and though I have no desire to set any expectations of what I will do in the future, or what I have done in the past, or to quote some numbers I once accomplished, or to imply what you will achieve or not achieve; against my better judgment and to satisfy some curiosity I will tell you just this week in the past 2 days alone between my wife trading her account and me trading my account a profit for our household we have made over 5 figure profit and approximately a 100% return of both account values as compared to the values of each account on Fridays close (the roi number would be much higher), and have done so with good risk management on live trading on Nadex. You can do your own math from there.

I hope this satisfies your curiosity and challenges you to dig deeper into youself and into trading. I wish you the best (Edited to be a 5 figure profit (typo from replying to early in am was thinking numbers in 10k+)

Thank you Hey Darrell,

Just wanted to say thank your for the response to my “millionaire” question. (the millionaire part was kind of a joke). But kidding aside, I’m sure you know the position I’m in as a beginning trader, stumbling around reading books watching youtube videos, taking courses, trying to sort out the gurus from the geniuses, good advice from bad, it’s not easy. To make it worse in the short run (better in the long) I’m skeptical by nature, which I consider a virtue, but the forex world seems inappropriately short of validation. Most who are profitable probably want to keep their secrets. Most who aren’t profitable, pretend to be, and just feign modesty when asked for results. I’ve been itching for somebody who can genuinely attest to the profit potential of this trading business. Especially Nadex.

You are the one of the very few (like 2 or 3) who seems to be a genuine and stable force in the realm of trading education, and possibly a “Tiger Woods” of Nadex. So who better to ask?

Anyway, I very much appreciate the response in length, and though you didn’t specify ROI, I can read between the lines. Message received. And truly, the message puts me at ease. It does good things for my sanity to know there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, that hard work can pay off, that Nadex is not a futile enterprise.

Thanks again. Happy Trading!

Cheers

-Scott

I love DM’s reply. It is very inspirational and motivational, as well as being down to earth and realistic. I highly recommend the mindset of not comparing oneself to others or their success. Everyone has their own lives that include multiple different scenarios. Why would you want to be, or achieve the same goals, as someone else? BE BETTER and DO BETTER!

closed #16