Directional Trading Without Straddle/Strangle

Straddles/Strangles are great strategies, particularly for news events, but there is a side that will usually lose. When I’m viewing a chart, I can see the market going up or down significantly. I could just jump in ahead the trend and get out when it goes in the opposite direction, but, sometimes the market will do a fake out, go in the opposite direction, and I lose. I think I’ve seen some training here that explains how to avoid this drastic market change, but I can’t remember which video it is.

Are there any other ways to take advantage of a market increase/decrease (outside of a Straddle/Strangle), and when does one jump in with a directional trade?

With a straddle or strangle the whole idea is since you are not sure of which direction the market will go , you get in both ways. Yes , you plan ahead to lose on one side, that is the whole system basis. The profit on the other side needs to be enough to cover the loss side etc. As far as taking advantage of the directional markets, you need to chose a strategy or system, learn it, master it, and use it for directional market bias. A system like IZSS for example