E and X on same bar

When I get a valid E signal, often an X will immediately follow on the same bar. Am I supposed to be exiting at this point? I know that when trading trend, we use the MVP line as an offset, but I was wondering why the X appears on the E bar so often. Any insight would be appreciated.

i should also mention that the “X” prevents me from entering the position three ticks below/above on the following bar because I interpret the APEX pattern as having completed itself. Should I ignore the X and just follow valid entry signals?

First question which apex elite system are you implementing

The X will appear on the same bar as the E if the E bar breaks the high of the A on the same bar if long (green)

OR

If the E bar breaks the low of the A bar is short (red)

If you are doing trend trades elite add ons - this has zero impact on you. The x happening does not mean the move is over it just confirms the pattern which is needed to move up powerlines so trailing can be done on reversals on the apex pattern etc… etc…

But there is zero rule that says you don’t enter when the E and X are on the same bar.

Why does it happen often well it happens when the APEX is a small apex. The diagnostic bars are set to have a open of 50% that will make them tighter. You can always go to a 100% on open but that will rock your world a bit and slow down the sensitivity of the pattern to call a reversal. Basically unless you totally get how the pattern works don’t mess with those settings.

In the elite training there is a video that covers how the pattern is formed in more detail.

Ok, thanks Darrell.