Evening/Overnight CST Trading Using the new IZSS System W/NADEX SPREADS

Traders,

Good Morning. This question is for anyone who has actual experience trading Asian/London session with the new IZSS w/ NADEX SPREADS. I have been back testing and I have been told best time to trade in general is the London Open (2am CST my time). I have looked at a couple of FX pairs and a couple of futures (NQ, YM etc) during that time but I dont see a lot of trades and if I do I cant verify there was a decent spread to enter on at that time period since I was back testing it. My brother in law (Rhuarc) is working with me as well and has run into the same issues/questions. We both work a day job so cant trade during the day. All of the training videos are awesome but only show NQ examples for day trading only. I feel like there is not enough support at night therefore I am posting here. Thanks in advance for you night traders crucial feedback.

To summarize for the night traders trading IZSS W/ NADEX SPREADS:

1. What Instruments you looking at?
  2. What time frame (in general best moves…2-3am CST, 4-5am CST etc)?
  3. Are you looking for trend trades, chop or swing, or a combo? Which one seems the best?
  4. Are there good daily spreads with small premiums to get in on at that time?
  5. Would anyone be interested in doing a live video demonstration trading live during that time so we night traders who work during the day can see how it works at night?

Thanks in advance Justin

These are great questions! I would talk to @gregster007 he has an extremely good grasp of trading during the London Breakout. If I had to guess I would say you should be able to find some good “daily” spreads that are “Near the Market” to enter when you get a good signal. Also, the upcoming Alchemy system seems more specifically oriented toward trading FX. You can certainly trade FX with IZSS, but Alchemy will be another option with the "Market Analyzer to easily watch multiple pair and have a better chance of catching the moving pairs. The best “time frame” is when there is volume. That depends on when the major markets you want to trade are open. The NQ gets highlighted a lot since it is open and most volume for that market happens from 0930 to 1615 during US market hours. Most traders in the US trade during US market hours.

Hello Justin217,

I do not trade the futures but when I do I use the Daily spreads on Nadex and scalp it the way I scalp using Alchemy. As far as the FX pairs, I usually trade forex but I have also traded the daily spreads on those and scalped it the same way I would scalp them on forex. I do not let them expire I usually take profit. 25-50 pips is good for me.

@gregster007, I see you scalp a lot with GA and GC etc, those pairs are not on Nadex unfortunately. Who are you using to get those pairs?

@FABIENGODIN69, I believe you trade London as well. Do you use IZSS W/Nadex Spreads? If so please see my first post and comment on it please. Thx

@justin217 I do trade London and US overlap markets. I trade mainly FDAX during London and US indices such as NQ, YM and TF and still FDAX during the overlap market. As most of the trades are chop trades because market is trending 20 to 30% of the time i found Nadex not really profitable for me due to their proximmity and contracts available on those intruments. Maybe due to my trading style when we see how Darrell succeed with Nadex but he is not trading during London breakout i suppose. Thus i moved to Ninja Trader and trade that platform only now. Profits are much higher for me on NT. Hope that helps.

Justin I trade straight Forex via NT7. My broker is FXCM. I use Alchemy since my team and I made that. When I trade Nadex I use the daily spreads to scalp when the opportunity comes up.

If trading forex you are going to need to use DAILY spreads. You mentioned you could not find a good spread. How do you define a good spread. Most define it as a low risk one not realizing they are only increasing their risk and picking a slow spread (meaning the price moves slowly). The wides tFX spreads are the daily they open at 6 pm and go to 3 PM and are usually at most a few ticks off the underlying market in most market conditions. Just choose your fx pair and choose NTM for near the market on the Nadex spread scanner.

I think the first thing is to work on misconeptions of spreads as we really need to define what you mean by can’t find a good spread.

Next thing is how to quickly find the spread you want.

If your trading the london open your most likely looking for some decent moves. These FX sdpreads like GBP/USD and even NQ should be plenty fast enough to trade at night.

2 to 5 AM is usually when the best moves happen (Central Time)

Be prepared for all trend chop and swing as you never know what the day will bring. It is even more important to use a wider spread on the smaller trader like chop and swing as you need a fast spread. People try to save money on the small spreads only to be costing themselves from making ticks when the market moves as they move slower and are more sensitive to high IV.

The trades work the same whether your trading the london open or the us open there is no difference dont let the “time” get you. There is plenty of movevent often even better movement during londdons session than the US session as of late.

Thanks for the reply Darrell. I do chose NTM and Daily for the spreads…there are many times that the dailys pop up for a slit second then leave the scanner and dont return and I am missing out on a great move on the chart. This has happened quite a few times on NQ and some on the others but I was focusing on NQ. I understand the premise of fast spreads are the daily NTM’s and cost less in risk - just takes more of your 'Risk Capital" from your account and puts it aside so you cant trade with it. That’s where I think many people really hose themselves is they look for the cheapest spread that doesnt tie up their capital (especially with small accts) and then the spread hardly moves because its so far away from the current market price.

I agree looking at max risk wont help. The price may be changing very fast just click on it anyway using a MANUAL ticket and you will see the price and can enter easier if you are having that issue. Also you can turn of the color changing on the scanner when price changes this may help with your computer resources to help things display better.

Hi Darrell,

Can ZB be traded using the IZSS System…and another question is I want to use the DOM in conjunction with this system…Is it possible

yes but ticks values are large make sure you got the account for it