How are you planning to trade the NFP tomorrow?

I always watch videos on trading the NFP right before the report comes out. Well, here we are! Tomorrow morning at 8:30am is the next one. I’d like to know the best way to trade it. Is it one of the indices? One of the currency pairs? Binaries? Spreads? I think spreads are better for forex, because the strikes are too far apart for binaries…

I want to try to add some $$$ to my dismal account tomorrow morning. I’m just not sure if I want to set up a strangle on one of the indices… wait for the news & then do a directional trade… maybe wait for it to settle down & fade the market…

Opinions, please!!! :slight_smile:

Perhaps checkout the News Trading Section here: News Trades or maybe read the articles in the Articles/Nadex News Trading in the forum, or click the magnifying glass at the top of the forum page and put Non Farm Payroll in the search box. Remember, demo trading is your friend.

I’ve seen most of those. I was hoping someone would tell me which strategy gave them the most success. Once again I didn’t end up trading the actual NFP open, because the pricing on the binaries were so ridiculous. I’d be better off buying a lottery ticket. I mean the cheapest binary on the EUR/USD was $33! What good is trading the news when it’s still an even playing field? It’s like betting on a football team using the point spread. It’s too even.

I don’t even think about iron condors or butterflies anymore. Why? Because I lose 100% of the time. They are impossible. It could look good for a while, but it will always move too far one direction at some point.

I was thinking about trading the spreads for the NFP. The sell side for the 10am expiry was just a $9 risk & the underlying was only about 19 pips away from the market (I think it was GBP/USD). That’s pretty good. The buy side was a bit too high though. I should’ve done it in demo. I just decided to fade the market after the NFP settled down. I won the GBP/USD easily, and almost lost the EUR/USD. It just barely came back under my strike before 3pm. I don’t like living on the edge like that, so that idea might be out…