Iron Condors and the News Trading Plan

Was anyone able to find an Iron Condor in the EUR/USD an hour before the U.S. Consumer Confidence report came out at 10am? On the News Trading Plan, they were suggesting to try and do an iron condor at 9am with an expiration at 11am. I couldn’t find anything. I couln’t even find spreads that combined to make an Iron Condor.

David, some days you will not be able to get the perfect set ups. All depends on the volatility of the day, the particular news events and what spreads are avail and what prices. Sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not. Sometimes you can keep an eye on them and get them a little earlier or a little later than the suggested 9am at the right price, but keep your Expiry time in line

If the Premium is not there I either pass or i leg into the trade.

Here is a great example of a Iron Condor Using the news Trading Plan

GBP Construction PMI news is being released at 4:30 AM on Tuesday 5/5/15.

We are looking to find an Iron Condor on the GBP/USD entering as early as 11:00 PM with an expiration of 7:00 AM for a minimum profit of $30.

Here is a great example of a Iron Condor to pass on as the premium is not there:

AUD Cash Rate and RBA Rate Statement news is being released at 12:30 AM on Tuesday 5/5/15.

We are looking to find an Iron Condor on the AUD/USD entering as early as 11:00 PM with an expiration of 1:00 AM for a minimum profit of $30.