Is it possible to program automated trades based on Apex indicators?

I saw a little discussion about automated trading from a couple years ago but not much since, so I’m assuming Apex isn’t doing anything with automation right now. I looked through the NinjaTrader forum and thought it’s possible to do it myself, but thought I would ask here to see if anybody knows more about it. Is it possible to program your own automated trading based on the Apex indicators? e.g. “if indicator X=y and indicator a=b etc. then execute trade with these rules”. I know you can set up trade templates but you have to execute those manually–I’m talking about an automatic execution. If this is possible, is there a good place to start if you want to learn how to do it? I have a little programming experience but I assume it doesn’t use C++ syntax… :slight_smile:

@darrell @skeltonmark

No comments, or did this just get lost in the holiday slow-down?

The Apex indicators are not avail to be used for auto trading or for any outside programming use

@skeltonmark Sorry, missed your reply here until now, but thanks for confirming my assumption.

Can you advise if anything will change with NinjaTrader 8? I would love to be able to call Apex indicators in an NT strategy…