Nadex Binary Profit Popper Strategy: Hourly OTM or ITM binaries using Elite MVP

Yes it is - love it :slight_smile:

Only thing i would do is add expected range it really lets you see that 1 hour expiration :slight_smile:

[quote=melvin500]Many guys (like me) are visual learners. Is this what an OTM MVP Elite (Long) trade looks like? I have enclosed a pic. (Take note that all MVP rules apply)

Here is the link: [/quote]

There are two methods for entry One is when the P bar is broken by 3 ticks (a profit popper)

2nd is simply when the 3 is broken by 3 ticks (this is the main method and filters out a lot of bad trades but also like you said may not quite give you the best price - so you have to choose on that one - try both or just look at the historical charts you will find what fits your perosnality bettter

Aggressive = more winning trades and better fills but also more loosers

Conservative - less losing trades- but also less winning trades - and less trades overaall

Darrell, I know I saw it in a video or one of the forum threads but I cannot find it. Does A.P.E.X. always stay in that order or can they get switched around? I noticed an orange “E” before the “P”. I know I have seen information on this orange “E” but I cannot remember where.

Dragonfly,

This was discussed in the Elite MVP course videos.

An “E” turning orange means it is no longer valid. On a long (green) APEX, this happens when you have a get and A, a P and an E. But before the X is formed, the low of the P is broken so a new P is formed thus invalidating the E. For reasons I don’t know, the old P disappears but the E just turns orange.

Hope that helps.

In using the Profit Popper Strategy with binaries - Do I use an OTM, ATM or ITM binary? Is the strategy to be applied only within the closing current hour?

How do I apply the MVP reversal strategy to binaries? Do I use an OTM, ATM or ITM binary when I enter trade on a Green or Red Arrow Bar? What should be my binary profit target when entering an MVP reversal trade on an arrow bar? $20, $30 per contract? More?

You have talked about scaling our position in subsequent (E)entry points when trading futures using the strategies under Elite MVP. However, I am not sure how I would go about scaling my position in subsequent confirmed (E) entry point when using binaries after my initial entry using a binary option.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,

Alex Rochelli

You are correct if 3 ticks above the high of the E was higher than the A then you would be using ITM each time that happens but that is not what always happens.

If there is room between the E entry price and the A bar for there to be a strike it would be an OTM strike

here is an example from today 7-8-14 on TF 09-14 shortly after 11 AM ET

[quote=youngman687]“Remember to only use OTM if an OTM strike is above the A on a short or the OTM strike is below the A on a long.” So I’ve read this over 9000 times, and I can’t get it to make sense. Using a long for example, If your entry point is 3 ticks above the high of the E bar, and the high of the A bar was higher than the E bar high, how can there be any OTM strikes below the low (or even the high) of the A? Wouldn’t they all be ITM or ATM at best?[/quote]

For the profit poppers…

OTM if there is a strike between your entry price and the high of the A on a buy - else an ITM at or below the low of the E

OTM if there is a striker between your entry price and the low of the A on a sell - else an ITM at or above the high of the E

I have not worked out a binary strategy on the MVP reversal at this point i would rather use spreads or futures/forex for it. If it moves fast then well of course a OTM binary is best. If it moves slow then a ITM binary is best. Vary rarely do i trade ATM binaries on actively managed strategies besides the 10 MIN mvp strategy. I would be more likely to do a OTM binary with as much time as possible to expiration (ie end of day etc…) and be ready to take a profit for say $20 or $30 on the trade. But honestly just do momentum scalps if just doing binaries they are much faster than waiting on MVP reversals :slight_smile:

Scaling in just means adding in another contract. Obviously binaries have various strikes so you would treat watch one like it was its own entry just add on another binary using the rules for where the market is in relation to strikes at the moment the entry signal is given.

[quote=rochellis]In using the Profit Popper Strategy with binaries - Do I use an OTM, ATM or ITM binary? Is the strategy to be applied only within the closing current hour?

How do I apply the MVP reversal strategy to binaries? Do I use an OTM, ATM or ITM binary when I enter trade on a Green or Red Arrow Bar? What should be my binary profit target when entering an MVP reversal trade on an arrow bar? $20, $30 per contract? More?

You have talked about scaling our position in subsequent (E)entry points when trading futures using the strategies under Elite MVP. However, I am not sure how I would go about scaling my position in subsequent confirmed (E) entry point when using binaries after my initial entry using a binary option.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,

Alex Rochelli[/quote]

DM,

Will the diagnostic bars work in the evening or do you need to use 4 minute bars?

try 4 min, and 6 tick, and normal - have them all up you will quickly see :slight_smile:

4 minute…ok, I think this is the last question I need answered before I review whether or not I completely understand this strategy.

1. When an A.P.E.X. is forming do all of the letters need to be in the same MVP trend color? For instance, I saw one A.P.E.X. where the green A lined up with the green MVP but then the green P lined up with the red MVP and then the green E lined up with the green MVP and the green X lined up with the red MVP.

I am guessing this would be considered a choppy market and you would avoid this trade. I am guessing that all the letters need to line up with the same color MVP.

That is actually optional on profit poppers. Remember profit poppers can work in a choppy market you will see many apex’s complete. Choppy markets are just not good trending markets.

Darrell,

You said it is best to just do Momentum Scalps when doing binaries. Can you give the rules for finding strikes whether OTM or ITM? In other words, what or where do we look for strikes? At what point below which bar?

[quote=darrell]

I have not worked out a binary strategy on the MVP reversal at this point i would rather use spreads or futures/forex for it. If it moves fast then well of course a OTM binary is best. If it moves slow then a ITM binary is best. Vary rarely do i trade ATM binaries on actively managed strategies besides the 10 MIN mvp strategy. I would be more likely to do a OTM binary with as much time as possible to expiration (ie end of day etc…) and be ready to take a profit for say $20 or $30 on the trade. But honestly just do momentum scalps if just doing binaries they are much faster than waiting on MVP reversals :)[/quote]

I said momentum scalps are better than waiting on MVP reversals there are not that everything. Binary scalps are most often done on futures though i have some traders that love them swear by them and trade them everyday. I would say do spikes strikers over momentum scalps as the pricing will be easier to obtain.

Momentum scalps are always OTM trades. Your going to find a strike at the profit target (on the underlying) basically so your buying an OTM and exiting when it hits it (if a binary is there).

[quote=doppelrock]Hi,

DM made an interesting suggestion in the elite room yesterday for a very simple binary strategy. Here is a cleaned up version of the transcript that I’m using for notes to try it out.

Super Summary: current hour 3 tick apex entry use MVP filtering OTM strike that is above the low of the A on a short, or below the A on the long $10/$90

Cleaned up transcript: A very easy OTM strategy, 3 tick apex entry with closest OTM strike closing current hour (unless in last say 15 then go for next hour), buy back at 10 if sold or sell back at 90 if bought.

no stop needed, massive profit 200 to 800%, high probability

Just choose the OTM strike that is above the low of the A on a short, or below the A on the long

On old apex method it did not work as well as we did not have mvp filtering and sizing of bars for binaries - use MVP filtering

But with this now its pretty nuts how well it works If its too small just do an ITM strike above the E exit if price hit…

current hour

super super simple[/quote]

I am about to try this for the first time either tonight or tomorrow night. For some reason after watching the video and reading your notes, I am confused about entry. So i am going to resummarize and see if I understand it correctly.

I enter on the A (whether OTM OR ITM) my TP is the 90/10 rule. If i sold, i will buy it back at 10 if i bought i will sell it back at 90

when choosing a binary choose one that is either above or below the low or high of the A. ie. A=1.2568 H, 1.2564 L… If i am going long I would choose a binary that is above the 1.2568 and if i am going short i would choose a binary (from the scanner) that is 1.2564

what you mean when you say do an ITM strike above the E exit if price hit. Is it lets say the E exit price is 1.4659 I would look for a binary above this price?

Ok

If I am using an OTM binary I enter in on an A 3 ticks above or below the A depending if i am going long or short., if I am using an ITM binary I enter in on the E 3 ticks above or below the strike price depending whether I am going long or short? Is that correct, and my TP is one tick above the A. And my stop is the strike price listed correct?

[quote=doppelrock]Hi,

DM made an interesting suggestion in the elite room yesterday for a very simple binary strategy. Here is a cleaned up version of the transcript that I’m using for notes to try it out.

Super Summary: current hour 3 tick apex entry use MVP filtering OTM strike that is above the low of the A on a short, or below the A on the long $10/$90

Cleaned up transcript: A very easy OTM strategy, 3 tick apex entry with closest OTM strike closing current hour (unless in last say 15 then go for next hour), buy back at 10 if sold or sell back at 90 if bought.

no stop needed, massive profit 200 to 800%, high probability

Just choose the OTM strike that is above the low of the A on a short, or below the A on the long

On old apex method it did not work as well as we did not have mvp filtering and sizing of bars for binaries - use MVP filtering

But with this now its pretty nuts how well it works If its too small just do an ITM strike above the E exit if price hit…

current hour

super super simple[/quote]

what is the entry point for the OTM is it on the high/low of the P or the high low of the P on the E

well I just got on board apex yesterday, I must say, this is very impressive, but overwhelming, the brokers out on the net, their site is so simple, place your amount, direction pairs and start the clock and wait for it to stay in the green zone, done, pay is about 85% on your money your traded, a very good friend of mine told me I should really get in with nadex and apex, this stratergy the cleaned up I just read, would the author mine giving me a call, I need to ask some questions, if he/she is up for it, ##########0, really would appreciate it. God bless. I do not have much money, just to give you a heads up, looking for some help to change my current situation, so I am looking for a person that finds more joy in giving/sharing than taking, plz call, Richard Delage

We have the forum for questions, help desk, chat, and phone just let us know what questions you have.

The system your referring to is the binary profit popper use the search tool and you will quickly find instructions on it.

Hi doppelrock Hey I’m liking this idea,Where can I find out how to set up my charts an the stratergy. Thank any help will be appreciated nubull

This is the APEX Elite MVP chart setup. The setup instructions can be found in the course Elite MVP under the Elite menu on the main site.