Nadex Raising Fees 2017

email from Nadex:

We’re raising our fees slightly in 2017.

After almost five years of growing and adding new markets, upgrades to our desktop and mobile platforms, and tons of educational content, we’ve finally reached a point where an increase to our fees is needed. We believe this change will help us keep growing, not just in membership, but quality of service.

The new fee will include a ten cent increase to $1.00 per side. The web-based desktop platform and our mobile platforms will still be available for free. Your real-time, live market data will still be free. And of course, Nadex charges no broker commissions and never takes the other side of your trades.

We will continue to cap trading fees for larger orders, but the cap has been reset to 50 contracts per order, so even if you enter a 100-lot, the execution will be capped at $50. For trades that settle in the money, the settlement (exit) fee will be $1 per contract. For spread trades, if your profit is smaller than the fees, your settlement fees will be reduced so you won’t be charged a fee in excess of the payout. Finally, if your binary option goes to zero at expiration, we will continue to charge you no settlement fee, no matter how many of those contracts you hold at expiration.

How will this affect you? If you buy or sell 10 contracts or less at a time, you’ll pay ten cents more per contract per side. For bigger traders, consider a 100-lot trade to buy at $80 that settles in the money with a $20 profit per binary option. The trade costs $80 x 100 = $8,000 to enter with a fee of $50 and, at settlement, you are paid out $100 x 100 = $10,000 with a fee of $100. We believe this fee structure is still more than competitive with conventional brokerage accounts.

Nobody likes raising prices, but this ten-cent increase will help us continue to do things to make your trading experience the best available. We believe it won’t interfere with your trading goals or our goal of making limited risk trading on a level playing field available to everyone.

Best Regards,

The Nadex Team Phone: 1-877-776-2339 or +1-312-884-0100 Email: [email protected]

It’s interesting they are not grandfathering in the existing accounts like they did with the .70 accounts.

I am extremely disappointed with the proposed CAP fee increase for next year. I have no problem with a .10 cent increase but this increased CAP represents an incredible loss of potential income to me as a trader and I may stop trading with any kind of volume. Now not only am I losing $2 instantly on every winning trade I take, I am now stuck losing that amount until I reach 50 lots, which may be never. This really hurts the little guy. This needs to be e re-valuated, as it is counter productive on my end as a trader to have to pay such high fees. I would also like to know how they can justify a 500% increase? They obvious do not want to encourage trade size. Seems they rely on the little guy who loses and keeps depositing $500/1000. This hurts people who achieve 10 contracts and more keeping them down.