Pacific time trading

Today in the trading room, I mentioned that I live (at least right now) in Pacific time. The times I mention below area all eastern. I know you dont have time to delv into figuring out my schedule, but I just want to be sure I am not missing something, so sorry if I am asking too much here.

I woudl like to shoot for trading starting at 7 am. You mentioned someone living in PT coudl do this and still have a FT job. I fit that profile I have a job that I can be at work anytime between 9:30 and 11 am (again these are eastern times).

I can wake up and begin trading at home at 7 am, but at some point, I will have to get in my car and drive to work. Which means I will have to close out any open positions before doing this. I can arrive at work and conintue to trade but it will be getting close to that post 11 am difficult trading period.

Any suggestions on how I can make this work?

Based on your schedule i would master trading 7 to 11 AM

Sounds like you need to be at work by 11 AM ET at the latest.

So you may need to focus on 7 to 10 AM

And focus on 10 AM Expiration trades on Nadex to help you keep trading on your schedule.

I dont want to be in the middle of an apex spread trade and then have to close a profitable position bc I have to leave for work. What woudl u suggest? I think u mentioned something about doing premium collection. Is this for binaries? I dont see a video on trading binaries in conjunction w the apex system.

You mentioned today you used to get up to trade the 3 am eur market and then go to your job for another 8 to 10 hours. I am in a similar situation since I am PAC time. Can u tell me how you pulled this off ? ie…spreads or binaries? and I presume trade whatever is moving?

Closing a profitable position because you have to leave is not a bad thing.

If your starting at 3 AM you can do whatever most your trades will be in done and over before 8 AM rolls around.

Binaries expired at 7 AM

Spreads expire at 4,5,6,7,8 etc… AM

So you can choose trades that have expiration that will ensure your not in the trades by the time you need to go to work.

Nadex did not exist back when i had to do this - i wish it would have would have made it so much easier.

All system videos are under system:

Here it shows how to use binaries and spreads on apex: http://apexinvesting.net/forum/apex-elite-trading-system-nadex-spreads-binaries-99

The benefit of premium collection is the binary will expire - ie so you do a trend trade or an epc whatever one you want if it stay flat, goes in your direction, moves a little against you etc… so long as time passes you are profitable. This is how to LIMIT the amount of time you have to spend watching the markets.

Let me clarify what I said, I meant that I have to close a position BEFORE it becomes profitable in order to go to work (not to close a profitable position)

u said above the binaries expire at 7 am and spreads 4, 5, 6 etc AM But thats only for the forex market. Indices all expire at 10 am and later, nothing expiring in the time frame that I need (4 am to 7 am ET).

There are times When I was looking at apex charts for forex, at times they seemed to move way too fast…if long/short an apex pattern it moves so fast as to blow right past stops within seconds.

I think the indices are better for me for this reason.

If you are trading spreads, then what is the advantage of it expiring before I go to work? I mean, if I have to leave at X time, then at X time I exit the trade, it doesnt matter if it expires in 2 minutes or 2 hours, Im out. (I can see the advantage for binaries).

Actually the international indices due have earlier 5, 6, 7, expirations on the FTSE and DAX

Also realize you may to trade forex instead of indices etc… to fit your trading schedule so you have more choices. So just switch to FX.

There are 8 forex pairs - choose ones that move slower if needed like USD/CHF and USD/CAD etc…

They don’t really move that fast there is plenty of time to trade them. It’s just a matter of watching the charts and setting up your tickets properly so you aren’t late to the game. Your ticket should be open and ready the second there is a P for entry and your stop loss ticket should be ready within seconds of you getting in so all you have to do is hit submit. This is a proper preparation issue not a market speed issue. Watch the nadex stops video to learn how to be prepared on this (its located under system)

Indices can move fast as well, this is not a reason to not trade forex. It may be a reason to not trade say Gold. but not forex… note that forex did just have 2 of its biggest events this morning with EUR and GBP releasing interest rates this morning so if you looked at this morning that is really not a good measurement of 99% of the time.

The spreads expire so either they will profit or they won’t but the trade will end at expiration for your schedule.

I can only do so much for you man you are just going to have to understand that there are only so many options - you are going to have to bend to the markets they aren’t going to bend to you.

Reality time…Basically you have to realize that if your schedule is limited you have to find what instrument and what markets are available for you to trade in the best probability times that you can trade and adapt to trade them. You are not going to get big moves in low liquid times (usually in asian session) you may catch some with the afternoon session with the apex elite mvp system and with the apex elite mvp reversals. but there are plenty of profit poppers and momentum scalps to go around around the clock.

In your case the advantage looks like fx and international index binaries in the early AM

Jake123- I too live on the west coast. Started trading the APEX system this morning and had quite a few trades between the hours of 5:00 to 7:30 PST. I then take my kids to school and head into work. Start trading again at 9AM PST till close. It has worked for me. You just have to go to bed a bit earlier at night! Just my two cents.

Just to be clear, what you are saying is that there is not time after work on West Coast/PST you can trade, unless you want to start at 11 PM PST. The markets AUD/USD, EUR/JPY, AUD/JPY are basically dead? You must get up early in the morning to trade West Coast if one has a 8-4:30 Job? If anyone disagrees, please reply to this post. I would love to find another time than early morning.

That is not what was said. This was based on the limited hours the previous trader listed and wanting to trade in the morning and trying to figure out how to do so where the trades would be done before he left for work.

The easiest time to trade trends is between 3 am and 11 am ET as this is when the majority of orders are in the market from Europe and the US. Orders drive the market.

The other option was the afternoon session you need volume for trends. But we teach reversal trades, and momentum scalps and more so you can trade anytime early am am afternoon asian session eu whatever. We have multiple systems for any time frame just using a couple charts.

We have traders that do it everyday though. I have traders that trade exclusively in the evening due to their schedule. ie one owns a business and he just does not have time to trade during the day… He understands that it is a more difficult time of day to trade any trend trade system as the trends are smaller. They are there they are just slow and usually smaller so he focuses on either EPC or Trend Trading PC so slow and small works in his favor.

The evening session (post 6 pm ET) you do get volatility on AUD pairs, JPY pairs, Nikkei to a certain extent. The more news the more they will move. You can elite trade these as well. Many like to scalp at this time.

Even more now with all the Nadex fx night time binaries.

You do have evening news trades on nadex (trend, straddle, butterflies)

Other markets may move if there is a news event to drive them but this will be mostly news driven so it will not be consistent day in day out for volatility like the morning session is.

I personally used to get up in the early AM and trade before work as it was easier until i was able to quit my job. All depends on how fast you want to get there. But just because you can’t trade in the early AM does not mean you can not trade. You just want to be realistic, choose the right strategy for the time of day, and have a developed system for that time like the ones listed above.

Also check out Nikkei - NK is iqfeed symbol that matches nadex - good night time market to trade

Wow, thanks Darrell for all this wonderful information by you the staff and other traders’ yes it is alot to readjust your thinking now! everything that is HARD is worth it my investment ME!!!.SO PLEASE BE KIND…everyone it will come together at the end trust in Darrell!!!

Hi

Darrell So i live in Los angeles and Get off work at 4:30 PST my best bet is to play AUD/USD or USD/JPY, Nikkei, and FX night time Binaries what about gold and oil. I watched a bunch of videos but dont know which (instrument due to my time constraint) is more suitable for me. can you please help

Look under scanner and binary expiration schedule. Oil and gold etc do not have nighttime expiration binaries yet.

Darrell, what is the best Apex tool for trading Nikkei?