Trailing Stop Plug-in Market Offset Ticks for NQ

I just wanted to make sure I understand the tick conversion for the Nasdaq or NQ when entering the market offset tick amount on the trailing stop plug-in. NQ ticks at .25 per ticks which means if I use the default market offset of 25 ticks on the trailing stop plug-in. The plug-in would trail $60.25 behind the market (way too much) on a Nadex spread . So I would have to adjust the market offset on the trailing stop plug-in to something that would make more sense like 4 which would equal to $20. NQ is worth $5 per tick.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Astor

Bumping thread, because it’s something I’ve been floundering (waffling maybe) on myself.

Let me ask it this way…

If my pain point was 50 bucks… how many pips do I set that for NQ?

(Or 30-40-50-60)

I believe that it takes 2 Nadex spreads to equal 1 NQ futures contract

So each Nadex spread would equal $2.50 (since NQ ticks in $5)

So a $50 stop loss would be 20 ticks.

Oh okay now it makes sense to me. For example a $25 stop loss on a Nadex spread for 1 NQ contract would equal 10 ticks. I’m I correct?

Thanks

Ok, now how far back is the MVP trailing would you say?

@astor Correct. Keep in mind that does not include the initial bid/ask spread when you first open a trade though.

@blackaddor Looks like it varies based on the past movement of an instrument. But a rough guess for a 10 tick Diagnostic Bar Setting would be around 30 ticks. With a 6 tick Diagnostic Bar Setting it is around 20 ticks