Trend Catcher is a Great System

I absolutely love trend catcher. I have only been using it about 2 weeks and I think I have got it down, including the new chop fileter. I used market replay to trade Mar. 24, 25 and 26. The screen shot is from Mar. 26, times are Central. On both Mar. 25 and 26, I made my 5%+ in less than 10 min. trading NQ.

I have not been trading for a while because my wife made it very clear that I was not going to be trading. Now, I have some ammo to convince her otherwise.

I had my stop and a pending sell order set at one tick below the low. The price reached the order, but the order never got filled. I guess I got lucky.

Chris Reed

I traded Trend Catcher live for the first time today. The first 15-30 min. were nail biting. I got stopped out twice with me being down about 7% for the day. I was going to stop, but I decided to trade on for the day. I did end up making a 5% profit for the day.

Now, if this was live I would have stopped trading for the day. I just wanted to get some thoughts on how ridged everyone is with the +/- 5%.

Chris Reed

Excellent. Now Learn how to add MVP to know when to Target for scalp, trail for a trend, tighten your stop to lower losses, and to get back in when you get out on scalps or small stops.

http://apexinvesting.net/forum/futures-forex-spreads-trend-catcher-chop-filter-new-446/how-apply-trend-catcher-chop-filter-indicator-chart-trading-rules-help-filter-out-chop-3203.html#.VTajOSHMNhF

Darrell,

Thanks for the reply. I starting learning the MVP method yesterday, and I back tested the system all day yesterday. It works great. I have not had a chance to test the MVP system live yet.

Just for clarification, we have ATM start with a 10 tick loss/TP. If the MVP predictor arrow flips by the bar 3 or 4 and the price moves into profit by 10 ticks, we then move our stop to break even and then trail with the predictor arrow until we are stop out. We also move the TP so we don’t get filled. If TC flips, we do not enter the opposite direction until the current trade is stopped out.

Also when the MVP line would flip between bars 4 and 5, most of those trades ended up being profitable ones.

[quote=creed2001]Darrell,

Thanks for the reply. I starting learning the MVP method yesterday, and I back tested the system all day yesterday. It works great. I have not had a chance to test the MVP system live yet.

Just for clarification, we have ATM start with a 10 tick loss/TP. If the MVP predictor arrow flips by the bar 3 or 4 and the price moves into profit by 10 ticks, we then move our stop to break even and then trail with the predictor arrow until we are stop out. We also move the TP so we don’t get filled. If TC flips, we do not enter the opposite direction until the current trade is stopped out.

Also when the MVP line would flip between bars 4 and 5, most of those trades ended up being profitable ones.[/quote]

Chris, one suggestion is to not use the 10 tick TP in the ATM. Perhaps use something larger like 30 or 40 ticks. The reason is if the market moves fast you will get stopped with your 10 ticks of profit and then miss a trend. Once price moves beyond your 10 ticks, then you could pull your stop up to protect the 10 ticks and let it trend from there.

Aaron

Check out the updates here: http://apexinvesting.net/forum/newest-webinars-243/tht-using-trend-catcher-trends-scalps-lori-apr-25-2015-a-3262.html#.VT6RpyGrQUF

And for reentries for trends and scalps (important with tighter stops) see Lori’s THT video from this past weekend

http://apexinvesting.net/forum/futures-forex-spreads-trend-catcher-chop-filter-new-446/how-apply-trend-catcher-chop-filter-indicator-chart-trading-rules-help-filter-out-chop-3203.html#.VT6ReSGrQUG