Volume Accumulation Distribution 2.0

NOTE: Mode A in VAD 2.0 is the same as the original VAD indicator and setting and changes with each bar as it closes up or down. VAD 2.0 has new additional “Mode Settings” of VAD. Mode B,C,D,E do not always change with each bar and are designed to give you a longer time indication of overall direction of the market.

These are 5 different Algorithms written by Mr. Darrell Martin to help find the best combination of trend direction, price action, and volume order flow based on absorption.

The modes are the different algorithms he designed. We have found that Mode A, along with Mode E seem to work best in most markets, but feel free to test the various modes or put multiples on your chart to test your markets.

This is a simple system that anyone can learn in just a matter of minutes and is extremely effective! Check out the training video below:

NOTE: 5/4/17 the training video is temporarily missing. We are working on retrieving it and reposting. In the mean time, you can watch the below titles:

Darrell in the Elite room May 2, 2017

Conference room tips using VAD and Bar Timer - Lori

THT - Chop breakouts indicated by VAD 10 17 2016 Lori

VAD the way Jamell uses it

ENTRY: Only take trades in the direction of the VAD Mode “E”

If VAD Mode “E” is long, we are only looking for long trades

If VAD Mode “E” is short, we are only looking for short trades

Looking for divergence on VAD Mode “A” (Original VAD) to confirm trade in that direction

Entry is 3 ticks above / below the close of the bar that confirms divergence

CHART EXAMPLES FROM TRADERS SHOWING SET UPS:

Initial Stop upon entry: 20 Ticks

Trailing Stops Options:

1. MVP- like used on IZSS system to catch longer trends

2. Trend Flip- for tighter stops and trailing to catch trends

3. Custom trails and ATM’s

4. Tighten stops at strong levels

5. Can scalp- Example: go for a 1/1 risk reward ratio. Risk 20 to scalp 20. Or if need a lower risk, can go 15/15. If want higher than 1 to 1 risk / reward ratio can go for more.

Trailing stops and risk / reward ratios are completely at the traders discretion. Demo and back test to see what works best for the markets you trade, trading personality, account size, and risk tolerance.

Post any questions here in the Forum below or ask in the Elite Trade Room. Be sure to share your charts and findings on this trade set up.

Happy Trading!

VAD vs VAD2 - MY RESULTS

Great video and thanks. Also, thanks for recording the webinars. Discovered that GOTOMEETING no longer supports VISTA computers.Using the same template, this looks like a good compliment to the Breakout out power play.

I’ve been with Darrell since the time we only had the Elite System. The evolution of Apex in the past 3 years has been incredible. With each new tool, the insight into market activity has expanded. I trade for a living…in my humble opinion, the addition of the VAD system is perhaps the crown glory. To everyone who has participated in every new system development…from Darrell to the programmers to Mark to Lori and Marilyn and to all of you in the community who support each and every expansion…I am so grateful for all of your efforts that bring many of us one step closer to our dreams. Well done…VAD is absolutely sublime!!!

At the end of the VAD2 video that I watched about thirty minutes ago, the author, Mark, says post your trades in the forum, so here’s my first Vad1 to breakout of chop setup trade.

The markings on the chart explain the steps.

Brilliant video, instruction and strategy.

Many thanks to everyone involved.

Here’s the triangle and arrows drawn on the chart as the video advises

shortly after taking this screenshot the market broke out and ran up to kiss the +1 D Sigma before fading.

Since there is no divergence on the pullback, I won’t take the next up candle long, but wait for the next Vad1/Vad2 setup

Best regards to all

Can anyone tell whether the VAD calculation is compensated/normalised for the BARTIME duration?