"When you lose, don't lose the lesson!"

So Darrell, comes along and says to me, “When you lose, don’t lose the lesson”

Such true words!

I had a rough day and had to bow out -5%. That’s okay, that’s trading! On to the next day…

After reviewing my performance he helped me see a few things that I hadn’t really thought of doing until recently.

Normally I trade mainly trend entries win or lose. But the facts are half the time the markets will chop and no matter how well you follow the rules for a trend entry, you have to have multiple tools in your tool bag and be adaptable to what the market is doing.

What did I learn?

1. Its okay to exit a trade when a new valid signal in the opposite direction occurs and take that signal

2. Chasing a trade is only when I am bored and something moves and I jump in because I don’t want to miss out.

3. When a market tests a deviation level 3 times, there is a high probability it will move in one direction soon!

4. Hedging with NADEX spreads. Remember you have that very neat option at your disposal to hedge off your futures positions. If interested, review the charts and see how my day went. :smile:

5). Master the swings and scalping trades as well. I know how to do them I have fallen out of the practice of implementing them and it cost me.

Here are the charts of my day for your review. Can you see area’s where I could have scalped and taken those reversal signals? This day reinforced these lessons. I am a stronger better trader for it!

“When you lose, don’t lost the leasson!”

this reply is for a badge that I’m trying to get and posting a link in a internal post : Trading Room Questions

Very good job analyzing your trades. If you ever do choose a Nadex hedge it would be great to see the full results of the trade.