Failed APEX

I tried to do a long APEX in the TF market using a 6 tick bar chart. I entered this trade at around 10:27 AM as indicated by the blue rectangle. The APEX failed and the TF proceeded to move down and eventually the APEX flipped to red.

As you can see there were plenty of nice green APEX patterns before I entered my trade but the one that I chose to trade failed. This happens to me too often. Was there any way to know before hand that I should not have taken this APEX and the mkt. was about to reverse? What did I do wrong here?

Here is a screen shot of NQ doing the exact same thing. The failed entry pt is indicated by the blue rectangle. I posted this chart a reference to the TF chart because it shows the expected volume. The volume did not show up on the TF chart.

The very 1st thing that I see on the top chart is that TF traveled close to a +1 deviation move (.947). When that happens, expect chop or reversion in the opposite direction for some time unless there is lots of volume to continue the move. I can’t see the deviation scale on the bottom chart, but I suspect it is similar.

Im not sure what your trading rules are. But we don’t trade APEX by itself we trade Apex Elite MVP you have to have the MVP indicator on the chart to do the system or your going to get hammered.

Also that is a APEX BMX reversal on both TF and NQ charts

Also it is a APEX Elite MVP Reversal on at least the TF charts can’t see previous price action (apex pattern) to comment on it being one.

In essence your entering short trades

Also I highly suggest learning to integrate Izone Sharpshooter with APEX. This is what i do on a daily basis. It makes it easy.

https://forum.apexinvesting.com/t/izone-sharpshooter-set-up-and-rules/4415