Trailing stops

I trade IZSS. I’m looking for guidelines, but maybe the answer is one that starts with: 'It depends" Right? Too tight and you risk getting stopped out. Too loose and you possibly take more of a loss than necessary. In flat market conditions, it seems most of trades having very narrow range of price action. So the extent of the loss might be fairly minimal, which would argue, I guess, for setting them loosely and move up according to price action and direction. Correct

For a valid IZSS entry you trail with the MVP predictor triangles, then as you get close to key levels (ICE, IZone, Deviations, etc) you can tighten or just continue to trail with the predictor arrows.

If you are scalping between IZones then you could set your stop at the swing high/low and leave it there until you hit your profit target.

Thank you. I’ll give it a try today

I just corrected my answer to say swing high/low depending on whether you are going short or long on a scalp. Just an FYI.

Yes, I figured that is what you meant. Thanks

There are no it depends. the rules are very clear cut to use the MVP triangles for the trailing stop. Some may use a tighter one if they want but the rule is use the MVP triangles. This is covered in the IZSS training. https://forum.apexinvesting.com/t/izone-sharpshooter-set-up-and-rules/4415 this is when trending.

Swing high low is initial stop but not trailing stop.

For chop zone entries I often simply use the trend flip line for my stop