Current Liquidity for spreads

Hi all

Quick question I hope - in demo as unused to spreads and placed a trade in NQ today at about 13:48 EST for 10 contracts in the US Tech 100 (Jun) 5360.0-5370.0 (3PM) @ 5360.6. This then took nearly 10 minutes to fill at a contract a time. The trade was only ever intended as a scalp so taking that long to execute is obviously an issue. Added to which there was then no market available to trade out and I had to watch (admittedly a profitable) trade and completely incapable of getting out - just no price offered,

I do understand that when the price reaches or exceeds the max profit there would be no price offered but did not expect this at all.

No point having a plan and then cannot execute.

I have seen past comments on liquidity and also see that new market makers have been added over time. But if this is a reflection of live markets then I would be very concerned.

Can anyone offer an explanation/comfort on this please?

Thanks in advance

It looked like there were some small issues in Nadex Demo today. Nothing to worry about, it happens from time to time. The best part is having them happen and learning/knowing how to deal with them. I didn’t have the liquidity issue you describe, but I did have a couple of nice spread trades because things weren’t quite right…

Binaries seemed fine. Just stick to the rules for your trades and call Nadex to report the problem. They may know about, it they may not. Personally, I don't count trades like are what's in the tracker above as trades, even though the worked out. I know when I'm following the rules and when I'm not.

Thanks for the reply @gcnish It is disconcerting when these things happen on a demo account and I cant help wondering if that happens in live! As you say though best to ignore if this was in fact a glitch and focus on the plan and execution accordingly

Nadex offered 5 contracts with expiry of 3 PM.

US Tech 100 (Jun) 5360.0-5370.0 (3PM)

US Tech 100 (Jun) 5365.0-5375.0 (3PM)

US Tech 100 (Jun) 5370.0-5380.0 (3PM)

US Tech 100 (Jun) 5375.0-5385.0 (3PM)

US Tech 100 (Jun) 5380.0-5390.0 (3PM)

You chose the spread that was at the floor of the contract @5360.6 current market price. When trying to scalp the market you want to trade using spreads that have low proximity so that you can mimic the market. Usually those spreads are the ones that the indicative price is close to the middle. I use the spread scanner to choose the best spread available with low proximity and use the daily spread contract with expiration of 4:15 PM like @gcnish to scalp which offers a wider spread. This explains more about proximity and why you couldn’t enter the trade easily.

Thank you @ADESAN01 that makes sense and helps to explain the situation and I will try to bear that in mind as I go forward. It is a shame I am in the UK as it only gives me a couple of hours to trade after the day job in the dailies. I am looking at overnight IC trades to help with that but my heart is as a scalper.so I just need to adjust my thinking a little as the spread I chose was because of the low risk and potential move to the ceiling being a more likely move, but had not considered how proximity might affect the liquidity - a good learn so thanks again