Is 5 Minute Trend Catcher system working for anyone?

I am new to APEXINVESTING. I have gone thru the 5 minute trend catcher course and am thinking of starting a membership with Apex. However, going through the forum I see a lot of people saying it isnt working for them. I don’t want to get the wrong impression here. So, can anyone give a little testimony of this system working for them? And how long you have been applying the system. Also, a win/loss ration would be great…

Thank you,

Jesse

Too many variables with a question like this…

1. Which pairs and how many pairs watched?

2. Which sessions traded?

3. How many setups missed because not at computer, OR just because one “lacked confidence” for one reason or another in taking the trade?

4. Are only high quality setups taken?

5. Which time frames are traded? (using the 5 min method as taught or the 1min chart method?)

6. Are setups taken ONLY if appropriate PA context supports it?

7. Do you hold to expiry or take profits early? This will greatly affect both +R as well as the % win rate

8. Does one use a multiple leg strategy?

9. Already noted above, but just to add emphasis, the “trade management” aspect of trading this setup is extremely important. One could take high quality setups, and poorly manage their trades, and end up losing, even when their trade could have been profitable.

Why does net wins/losses matter though? Really, in the grand scheme of things, all that matters is positive trading edge. Which is not just defined by accuracy but also by payout ratio and % of equity used.

What if someone won say 90% of their trades (which sounds great!)… but their average payout ratio was only 0.1? That would have an 83% risk of ruin if risking 2% of equity.

On the opposite hand, you could have someone who only wins 50% of their trades but has a payout ratio of 2. This has a 0% risk of ruin risking the same 2% of equity.

I’d suggest getting really familiar with Risk of Ruin.

Besides, it doesn’t matter what results someone else has had because it’s likely your results will vary. Perhaps even greatly! There are simply too many variables.

Some people are doing well with the 5 min binaries and others aren’t. I’ve traded them profitably. But it doesn’t mean that you will. I may practice more than you, I may work on developing the skills more than you. I may handle the emotional side of trading better than you. On the hand… I might not.

Practice the skills in demo until you have it down, and come up with YOUR numbers, as they are the only ones that really matter. Once you see that you are trading well and profitably, go live. Keep tracking your stats though because demo and live are two totally different things.

Hope this helps.

-Travis

First off all make sure to demo it. Ask questions post trades in the rooms. We have many traders who trade a variety of systems. The charts are in the rooms. Also we are calling trades (mostly binary hunter trades as they are a bit more clear than trend catcher trades - so you may be better off starting with binary hunter. Just look under you can do this you will see a lot of binary hunter traders results posted constantly usually with a win ratio of 90 to 100%.

As a trader you don’t want to wait on someone providing you backtest you need to do your own test and validate the accuracy and your ability to follow it. Trading requires a lot of work to master it got to dive in and roll up your sleeves. )

Guy we stated we are posting live results versus just simple backtest. No optimization forward trading results. This is binary hunter not trend catcher. We go along and we are posting the trades… They are in the elite room, trading pit, and many are posted on the forum. Its not a missing link. its trading its 5 minute contracts. Backtest would vary based on market and trades taken and strikes chosen and pricing received. Its not a future buy or sell its a option with multiple options. People are enjoying it. If you like 5 or 20 minutes hop in try it in demo see if its working for you or not. The learning curve is shorter than binary trend catcher.

Thank you for the response! But Im sorry, where would I learn about Trend Hunter technique??

https://forum.apexinvesting.com/t/binary-hunter-rules/3398

I just had to make a follow up comment… I few days ago I finally started my Essentials membership. I have been trading Binary Hunter and 5 Minutre Trend catcher. I am still in demo, but last night I made 6 successful trades in a row. For a profit of $151.75! I feel like I am on th right track… Thanks so much for all the help!!

Nice way to go!!! Keep it up!