Nadex Daily Forex Spreads at Near Expiration

Today, I was using the Apex Spread Scanner to watch all of the 10 Nadex Daily Forex Spreads.

30 minutes before daily expiration at 3:00 PM EST, I noticed that ALL of the Daily Forex Spreads were ITS/NTM (in the spread and near the market).

Doing the math, if I bought one contract for each Daily Forex Spreads at 2:30 PM EST, and waited until all of the Daily Forex Spreads expired ā€œin the spreadā€ at 3:00 PM EST, I wouldā€™ve earned ~$300 per Daily Forex Spread for a total of ~$3,000 (before fees), assuming that I provided collateral for each Daily Forex Spread.

Am I right?

Michael

False. Spreads are based on the underlying market and move as the underlying market moves. Depending on where the underlying market price is, that is where the spread will be (not taking premium into account). You are thinking in terms of binary options and spreads work extremely different from binary options. You get payout on spreads based off where you bought/sold and where the ceiling/floor is. If the spread does not move, you donā€™t make money. If the spread moves 5 ticks/pips, then you make $5 per spread minus the bid/ask spread of that particular instrument. Darrell has a webinar on the basics of spreads which explain exactly how they work. When I get to my computer Iā€™ll post the link to it. Hope this helps! -Jamell

Thank you for the clarification, Jamell.

No problem. Here is the webinar I was referring to earlier. Enjoy :sunglasses: